Primary Location: United States-MI-MIAnn Arbor
Function:Behavioral/Mental Health Professional
Excellent Opportunity to join our growing Ann Arbor Team!
Full-Time position open working with survivors of traumatic brain and spinal cord injuries.
Rewards! Job Satisfaction! Chance to grow with us!
SUMMARYThe Rehabilitation Specialist will coordinate activities for residents of care and treatment facilities. Assess client needs and design and implement rehabilitation programs. ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential function listed below.
- Performs skill training, cognitive remediation, job coaching, and behavior management objectives in accordance with treatment plan.
- Reinforces appropriate client behavior and skills in residential, community and day/vocational settings, utilizing direct feedback, role-playing, modeling and behavior modification techniques.
- Maintains current and complete client records in accordance with program standards, corporate, licensing and regulatory policies.
- Collects and reports data relevant to rehabilitation goals and administrative policy.
- Prepares communication book, treatment plan and other clinical documentation as assigned.
- Arranges for or transports clients to all planned activities in the community.
- Assists in the planning, scheduling, implementation and evaluations of social, emotional, recreational, vocational and related therapeutic programs for the clients.
- Develops and implements, with supervisory input, schedule to ensure adequate direct care coverage and assistance in emergency coverage.
- Assists with emergency coverage and crisis intervention for all clients as needed and participates in rotational on-call program.
Qualifications: REQUIREMENTS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential function listed below. Education and Experience Requirements: High School Diploma and three years of rehab experience, or Associates Degree or technical certification/licensure with one year related experience or equivalent, or Bachelors Degree in related field, no experience required. Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations Required: None required