At Wells Fargo, we have one goal: to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them achieve their dreams. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wholesale Banking provides financial solutions to businesses across the United States and globally. Our nine major business lines include Business Banking, Middle Market Banking, Government and Institutional Banking, Corporate Banking, Commercial Real Estate, Financial Institutions Group, Wells Fargo Commercial Capital, Wells Fargo Securities, and the Investment Portfolio. We also have groups in credit risk, group risk, finance, marketing, human relations, and the Wholesale Chief Operating Office that support our businesses.
The Gaming Group specializes in providing financing for corporate and tribal Casino & Resort operators across the US. This position is customer facing, focused on credit management, working with clients to understand credit needs and represent the bank in developing and maintaining client relationships. Includes analysis of financial performance of individual customers and underwriting process of credit products and operating exposures. In collaboration with a team, duties include the monitoring, documenting, and analysis of an assigned portfolio of loans as well as supporting new business origination. Continuously looks for opportunities for revenue generation and cross-selling products and services. Maintains a portfolio that adheres to all applicable credit policies and compliance requirements.
This candidate will work with the most complex mid-to-large corporate financing transactions including those with investment banking/capital markets components. This candidate will work on a team in the structuring and underwriting of complex transactions, and will be involved in the credit approval process with Gaming senior leadership and Gaming’s senior credit officer.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.Required Qualifications
- 2+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: underwriting, credit, relationship management, portfolio management, equity or venture capital investing experience; or successful completion of Wholesale Credit Management Training Program
- Strong accounting skills and ability to analyze financial statements
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- High level of initiative and accountability
- Intermediate Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook) skills
- Ability to thoroughly analyze credits on an independent basis and communicate findings in a concise manner
- Exposure to corporate banking credits, cash flow analysis, and underwriting.
- CMTP graduate or equivalent
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.