At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wholesale Banking provides financial solutions to businesses across the United States and globally. Our nine major business lines include Business Banking, Middle Market Banking, Government and Institutional Banking, Corporate Banking, Commercial Real Estate, Financial Institutions Group, Wells Fargo Commercial Capital, Wells Fargo Securities, and the Investment Portfolio. We also have groups in credit risk, group risk, finance, marketing, human relations, and the Wholesale Chief Operating Office that support our businesses.
Wells Fargo Commercial Capital (WFCC) combines Wholesale’s secured lending businesses including Asset Backed Finance (ABF), Commercial Distribution Finance (CDF), Corporate Trust Services (CTS), Wells Fargo Capital Finance (WFCF) and Wells Fargo Equipment Finance (WFEF). This consolidated group of businesses helps customers leverage their company’s assets into flexible financing solutions. WFCC is a leading contributor to Wholesales revenue, assets, and net income.
Wells Fargo Capital Finance (WFCF) is one of the top lead arrangers of asset-based loans in the U.S. with a large and diversified portfolio of close to 2,400 customers and more than $33 billion in loans outstanding. WFCF offers traditional asset-based financing, specialized senior secured financing, accounts receivable financing, purchase order financing, and supply chain financing to a wide range of companies throughout the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom.
The Relationship Manager is responsible for managing a portfolio of agented and bought participation senior secured loans to middle-market software and technology companies. Core responsibilities will include:
- Monitoring the credit quality of assigned loans, fostering client communication and retention, maximizing account profitability, ensuring compliance with the loan documents, and leading strategic initiatives for the Technology Finance Division.
- Performing financial analysis, cash flow modeling, sensitivity analysis, and enterprise valuations.
- Presenting account performance to senior management at least monthly and facilitating the preparation of monthly client trend documents and other memorandum necessary to communicate client activity to management.
- Developing and maintaining strong relationships with internal and external constituents including the WFCF Originations and Capital Markets teams, senior and junior bank group participants, private equity sponsors, and client management.
- Independently completing restructures and refinancings (including the written memorandum and verbal presentation to senior management) of credit facilities.
- Training, coaching, and developing Portfolio Analysts and Associates.
- Ensuring compliance with all WFCF and Wells Fargo Bank policies and procedures and achieving satisfactory results on all internal and external audits.
- Where appropriate, underwriting Wells Fargo Bank products, including treasury management.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.Required Qualifications
- 4+ years of account relationship experience, credit management experience, or a combination of both
- Commercial lending experience
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Knowledge and understanding of asset based lending or commercial lending
- Strong financial modeling skills
- Basic Microsoft Office skills
- Basic knowledge and understanding of middle market corporate finance
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Solid problem solving and decision making skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- 5 years of prior experience as a Commercial Relationship Manager, an Underwriter, or some combination thereof.
- Prior experience in direct credit, senior secured lending, or sponsor-finance, preferably in the software/technology sector.
- Strong financial modeling acumen, including above average skills using Microsoft Excel and experience with LBO models.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, the demonstrated ability to multitask and complete activities within tight timeframes, and excellent relationship building skills are required.
MA-Boston: 1 Boston Pl - Boston, MA
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.