DescriptionThe Release Management Engineer 2 manages cross-organizational efforts required to introduce applications and infrastructure changes into the production environment. The Release Management Engineer 2 work assignments are varied and frequently require interpretation and independent determination of the appropriate courses of action.
The Release Management Engineer 2 is responsible for ensuring all changes are delivered to user while maintaining the integrity and availability of the existing systems. Communicate release expectations across all impacted users. Understands department, segment, and organizational strategy and operating objectives, including their linkages to related areas. Makes decisions regarding own work methods, occasionally in ambiguous situations, and requires minimal direction and receives guidance where needed. Follows established guidelines/procedures.
As a Release Management Engineer 2, you will be responsible for providing release oversight and guidance to various business areas involved in testing changes to the pharmacy claims processing system.
- Manages the coordination of all testing activity for various assigned pharmacy projects to ensure accurate and timely implementation.
- Schedules testing team meetings, prepares agendas, facilitates discussions, records and publishes meeting minutes.
- Guides cross-functional testing teams in analyzing how they will use testing methodology and tools to ensure all business requirements are tested and approved, and test plans and test cases have been thoroughly and accurately documented.
- Provides or coordinates any training needed for the testing team regarding testing processes and tools.
- Coordinates and collaborates with internal business partners and external pharmacy claims processing vendor.
- Assists and guides Project teams to facilitate the creation of testing approach and traceability matrix.
- Creates and updates weekly, monthly, and ad hoc reports, manages and coordinates claim templates sent to claim processing vendor for UAT.
- Bachelor’s degree or commensurate experience listed below
- Two years of experience in health services, analytics, or technical field
- Strong facilitation, verbal and written skills
- Superior organizational skills
- Effective analytical skills
- Advanced written and verbal communication
- Microsoft Office, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint and Microsoft Project experience
- Advanced Degree
- Demonstrated experience with process documentation
- Prior experience with supporting other complex projects
- Experience in the health benefits/health insurance industry
Scheduled Weekly Hours40