UnitedHealth Group is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Technical Support staff will be part of team that is responsible for the build out of technology for Optum Medicaid Management Services (OMMS). This is a challenging role that creates an opportunity to grow and development while maintaining a balanced life-work commitment.
As a Release Manager, you will have the opportunity to configure, test, and implement product solutions. You will work closely with the OMMS Release Manager to define and coordinate releases in support of the OMMS Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC). Your contributions will directly impact the success of the client implementation.
- Partner with the product owners, business analysts, business system analysts, QA, and other stakeholders to identify and define scope and requirements for upcoming releases
- Deploy releases according to defined criteria and under the supervision of the Release Manager
- Understand technology functionality, standard operating procedures, common issues, and vulnerabilities that could impact the successful release of OMMS components
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge about how and where technologies are deployed and how the fit within the OMMS enterprise
- Identify and alert project leadership to project risks and issues which could impact adherence to project timelines and budget
- Ensure timely and effective execution of all deliverables
- Collaborate with QA team to ensure testing efforts align with functionality
- Perform other dues as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Information Management, Information Systems, Computer Science, related field or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years of technical support experience
- Proficiency with PC based software programs (Excel, Word, Visio, PowerPoint)
- Experience working within a DevOps environment
- Experience working with Agile development methodologies
- Healthcare experience
- Experience with release management
- Experience with requirements management
- Experience with operating system management, virtual machine management, and cloud computing environments
- Experience with relational database management systems
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.