At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wholesale Banking provides financial solutions to businesses across the United States and globally. Our nine major business lines include Business Banking, Middle Market Banking, Government and Institutional Banking, Corporate Banking, Commercial Real Estate, Financial Institutions Group, Wells Fargo Commercial Capital, Wells Fargo Securities, and the Investment Portfolio. We also have groups in credit risk, group risk, finance, marketing, human relations, and the Wholesale Chief Operating Office that support our businesses.
Investment Portfolio includes a portfolio of highly structured, tax oriented equity investments in wind and solar energy projects. The Renewable Energy and Environmental Finance Asset Manager will be responsible for:
- Work collaboratively with sponsors and co-investors on all activities related to renewable energy project asset management, developing and maintaining constructive relationships.
- Review monthly operating reports for assigned projects, following-up with sponsors to understand, document and resolve any noted operational issues. Maintain logs of operational issues and their resolution, enabling more effective diligence on future projects.
- Evaluate consent requests from project sponsors regarding proposed actions or decisions affecting investments and recommend responses based on financial, legal, technical, commercial, credit and tax considerations, documenting results and developing recommendations for approval.
- When necessary, identify, retain and manage outside advisors (legal, tax, engineering, etc.) to assist in evaluations, coordinating with other investors as appropriate.
- Collaborate with the origination team on new transactions to incorporate feedback and “lessons learned” from experience with the operating assets in the portfolio.
- Assist database architects/software engineers in designing and implementing a database for managing dynamic data in the portfolio, maintaining quality and usability of data over time.
- Provide charts and commentary associated with the portfolio for the monthly business letter and credit report.
- Lead negotiations/documentation of investment restructurings.
- Lead/assist in the creation of the Quarterly Monitoring Report, taking on increased responsibility for compiling and authoring relevant sections.
- Verify that required levels of insurance are maintained at each project entity and that Wells Fargo is named correctly as additional insured/loss payee.
- Manage a system to ensure timely receipt of reports from project sponsors (following up on any delinquencies) and organize/maintain directories for retention.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following, and adhering to and if applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.Required Qualifications
- 2+ years of investment research experience
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Advanced Microsoft PowerPoint skills
- Customer service focus with experience actively listening, eliciting information, comprehending customer issues/needs, and recommending solutions
- Experience designing and post closing operational management of customized financing structures (including asset-backed, structured finance, reverse repo, or structured debt transactions)
- Experience in asset-backed, structured finance, or structured debt transactions
- Standard and non-standard structured credit products experience; including security custody and settlement
- Transaction or structuring experience with a major investment bank, reputable hedge fund, or specialty finance firm
- Ability to understand, operationalize, and assist in the structuring of complex financing transactions
- Basic knowledge and understanding of capital markets pricing, legal, accounting, and tax concepts
- Qualitative or quantitative structuring credit skills
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy skills
- Four years of experience in the wind or solar industry with direct involvement in tax equity financing (at a project developer, financial institution or major law firm) and management or administration of operating projects
- Understanding and familiarity with project finance documentation and related commercial agreements
- General knowledge of accounting, tax and insurance aspects of renewable energy project finance
- Experience organizing complex transactions and managing multiple tasks
- Comfortable working with a team on projects and interacting with business partners, service providers, external advisors
- Knowledge of utility system planning and electricity market structures
- Basic familiarity with accounting, contract negotiation and project finance modeling
- Engineering, financing, law degree or MBA, with technical proficiency
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.