At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wholesale Banking provides financial solutions to businesses across the United States and globally. Our nine major business lines include Business Banking, Middle Market Banking, Government and Institutional Banking, Corporate Banking, Commercial Real Estate, Financial Institutions Group, Wells Fargo Commercial Capital, Wells Fargo Securities, and the Investment Portfolio. We also have groups in credit risk, group risk, finance, marketing, human relations, and the Wholesale Chief Operating Office that support our businesses.
Investment Portfolio includes a portfolio of highly-structured, tax-oriented equity investments in wind and solar energy projects. As an analyst on the WF Renewable Energy and Environmental Finance (“REEF”) team, you will be responsible for assessing the health and future performance of a portfolio consisting of long-term investments in renewable energy projects. Responsibilities include:
- Maintain financial models for each investment by i) updating for actual data, ii) reforecasting anticipated performance by incorporating new assumptions based on actual performance, relevant industry trends and sponsor-related information, and iii) completing variance analyses. Analysts also build new financial models for recently closed transactions.
- Perform stress testing and scenario analysis across the portfolio as required. This includes monitoring coverage ratios on levered projects by testing periodically for covenant compliance and tracking any working capital loans made by project sponsors or investors.
- Monitor the performance of individual Wells Fargo investments to identify, document, and quantify operating issues and credit risks and prepare annual and quarterly reports for each investment, ensuring that all required project deliverables are received, reviewed, and retained.
- Work directly with the REEF Asset Managers, project sponsors, and co-investors to evaluate and respond to commercial proposals / opportunities, which includes providing analysis, quantifying risk, highlighting the impact of various actions, and making recommendations for resolution.
- Participate directly in discussions and/or negotiations with project sponsors and co-investors regarding investment restructuring, risk mitigation, and return optimization
- Review monthly operating reports, financial statements, tax returns, tracking models, annual budgets, and other deliverables to analyze project performance. Prepare long-term operating and financial forecasts, reconciling results and resolving discrepancies through discussions with REEF Asset Managers and project sponsors
- Maintain and help improve investment databases by uploading and updating information on new/existing transactions and supporting the development and maintenance of newly created internal reporting systems in coordination with IT team.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following, and adhering to and if applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.Required Qualifications
- 1+ year of investment research experience
- Advanced Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint) skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced deadline driven environment
- Effective organizational, multi tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience with Bloomberg
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong presentation skills
- At least two years of experience in credit analysis, structured finance, or both. Alternatively, at least two years of relevant industry-related experience is desired.
- Financial modeling, scenario and variance analysis, forecasting, and stress testing experience.
- Familiarity with complex transaction structures and related documentation.
- Experience in the renewable energy, environmental, utility, or fossil industries.
- Knowledge of renewable energy tax-based equity financing structures.
- Credit training from a large financial institution.
- Established track record in underwriting, monitoring, and reporting on a portfolio of investments.
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.