About Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a diversified, community-based financial services company with $2.0 trillion in assets. Wells Fargo’s vision is to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides banking, investments, mortgage, and consumer and commercial finance through more than 8,300 locations, 13,000 ATMs, the internet (wellsfargo.com) and mobile banking, and has offices in 42 countries and territories to support customers who conduct business in the global economy. With approximately 263,000 team members, Wells Fargo serves one in three households in the United States. Wells Fargo & Company was ranked No. 25 on Fortune’s 2017 rankings of America’s largest corporations. News, insights and perspective from Wells Fargo are also available at Wells Fargo Stories.
Wells Fargo Legal Department
The Legal Department strives to offer services in accordance with the highest standards of judgment, integrity and ethical leadership. The Legal Department partners with clients to find solutions that best serve customers and contribute to the success of Wells Fargo. It seeks to create a stimulating, diverse and collegial work environment in which team members collaborate effectively among themselves and with other groups throughout the company.
This position will lead the enhanced design and development of reporting and analytics across the Legal Department, setting the overall knowledge management strategy. The leader will oversee reporting and analytics, data quality, QC/QA, and the relationship with internal Enterprise IT partners (“EIT”) to drive Legal technology solutions. This leader will own the primary relationships with EIT executives and within Legal to set strategy, manage resources and priorities, and deliver on critical reporting, analytics and technology solution needs.
Key responsibilities include:
- Oversee development of enhanced Legal Department reporting at various levels within the company (e.g., Board-level and line-of-business level reporting) and within the Legal Department (including trend reporting/analysis, self-service tools, etc.)
- Manage the relationship between Legal Department and EIT, interfacing with EIT executives and their teams to establish, prioritize, and influence EIT deliverables
- Lead teams that help identify Legal Department technology and data needs
- Drive strategy for the development of technical requirements, in concert with EIT, for business and process solutions
The successful candidate for this role will demonstrate the leadership skill necessary to build and lead a high-performing team of legal reporting and technical professionals to drive results through leadership effectiveness and team member engagement; contribute to broad enterprise strategy with a One Wells Fargo lens; and further the company’s strong risk management culture by living the Vision and Values of Wells Fargo.
This collaborative leader must be capable of initiating action, managing change and communicating across Wells Fargo to coordinate enterprise regulatory initiatives. The position requires a leader with strong relationship management, influencing, vision and execution skills. A key differentiator will be the ability to understand and operate successfully in a complex, heavily matrixed enterprise environment. The role requires a high degree of personal ownership and accountability for achievement and outcomes.
Location: Charlotte, NC is strongly preferred. Other major WF locations may be considered.Required Qualifications
- 10+ years of experience in analytics, modeling, or a combination of both
- 8+ years of management experience; or 3+ years of leadership experience in an advanced quantitative analytics function
- Extensive experience developing reporting and analytics, building and managing analytics teams, and identifying business needs/working with IT resources to develop solutions
- Strong technical skills, and extremely strong soft skills are critical to the success of this position
- Legal industry experience, including with in-house legal departments, and expertise in technology trends within the Legal industry
- Financial services experience
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Proven ability to collaborate, and verbally and visually communicate effectively with all levels including senior executives
- Proven experience in building partnerships, collaborating and influencing at senior levels and across lines of business as well as with corporate partners
- Strong attention to detail with strong organizational and documentation skills
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to identify critical areas and issues
- Strategic planning and development experience
- Ability to manipulate data from non-normalized or disparate data sources
- Ability to synthesize disparate information into a consolidated narrative
- Experience with requirement gathering and documentation; Ability to create and document complex business and functional requirements
- Experience gathering business requirements from various sources including end-users and stakeholders
- Experience creating executive level dashboards, analytics, and reports using advanced visualization tools
- Experience delivering results in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.