You believe data can help reshape the future, and you find yourself loving the thrill of diving into challenging analysis. At United Health Group, you'll find an organization that will recognize those talents and have lots of growth potential. Here, you will be empowered, supported and encouraged to use your analysis and development expertise to help change the future of health care. Does the challenge intrigue you?
As a Reporting Developer in the Medicare Benefit Operations Strategy team, you will be responsible for end-to-end business process activities - creating, controlling, and improving critical operations projects in support of providing accurate enrollment and billing data to our members. You’ll have the opportunity to provide data analysis using many technologies to support, and compile key information for internal and external clients.
This role is not just a back office analyst position, and requires the individual to be comfortable independently working with business users to create innovative solutions to their business problems. They will juggle multiple projects in various stages of the life cycle development process, and work closely as a team with highly skilled teammates.
• Perform analytical programming utilizing SAS and SAS EG utilizing multiple sources including very large data warehouses, data marts, and ad hoc data sources to support existing Medicare programs.
• Develops reports meeting business requirements within SAS Enterprise Guide and/or other reporting development systems.
• Provide in depth analysis of existing reports to ensure data integrity and to drive remediation of underlying issues.
• Work directly with developers on the team that utilize .NET tools (SSRS, SSIS, ASP) for reporting out of our own Microsoft Data warehouse for automating solutions.
• Creates and maintains Standard Operating Procedure documentation for new and existing reports.
• Takes ownership of issues and follow through on all related responsibilities.
• Serves as a resource to others on the team.
• Demonstrates commitment to UnitedHealth Care's culture, policies, standards, and ethics.
• 3 + years’ experience with SQL
• 2+ years analysis experience in a business or data analyst type role
• 2+ years intermediate level experience in Microsoft Excel
• 3+ years effective verbal and written communication skills with a proven ability to communicate technical terms in business language and communicate across levels of the organization
• Ability to write complex queries and debug existing queries.
• Experience and proficiency in workflow management and understanding how data integrates with business needs.
• Demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks.
• Experience in prioritizing work on multiple complex assignments with ongoing deadlines.
• Computer Science or related technology based Bachelor’s degree
• SAS development / programming experience, or willingness to learn SAS
• Experience with SDLC methodologies and best practices
• Previous healthcare experience working with healthcare data
• Passion for learning and working with new technologies
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 4 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that's second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: United Health Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
United Health Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.