The Security Services arm of UnitedHealthcare Global, located in Houston, Texas, provides a number of Travel Security services, including traveler tracking, emergency response, secure transportation, and intelligence assessments, and monitoring to some of the world’s top companies and institutions.
- Produce Intelligence reports and other related products for the Africa region. Products include, but are not limited to, online global databases, customized trip security reports, worldwide incident monitoring reports, special reports, daily security event summaries and more.
- Provide consistent and constant monitoring of incidents and events within the Africa region and ensure that proper protocols are followed.
- Engage in special projects as required.
- Promote a customer-oriented business work ethic.
- Operate with initiative while being able to work in a team environment.
- Multi-task efficiently under fluid and sometimes stressful situations.
- Normal office conditions but extended work hours (nights and weekends) may be required due to scheduling issues and emergency situations, including major incidents within their region.
- Occasional travel (domestic / international) may be required but is uncommon.
- Excellent research and analytical skills.
- Excellent writing skills appropriate for this position and the business environment. The ability to condense information quickly and present analysis and conclusions in an efficient, logical manner. Must be able to think in the lens of what clients and travelers need.
- Ability to follow protocols in emergency, rapidly developing situations.
- Ability to multi-task efficiently under fluid and sometimes stressful situations is essential.
- Must articulate well with excellent interpersonal, problem solving, decision making and communication skills (verbal and written).
- Bachelor's Degree (or higher) from an Accredited University or College with a defined focus on International Affairs, Security / Intelligence Issues or other related Humanities or Social Studies field, or High School Diploma / GED with 5+ years of experience providing Geopolitical Intelligence for a Business or Government entity
- Excellent writing skills for a business environment. (Writing test will be administered - in person interview is contingent upon completion and satisfactory results as determined by the hiring manager.)
- Proficient with Microsoft Word (ability to create and edit documents)
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel (ability to filter, sort, create, and edit spreadsheets)
- Proficient with Microsoft PowerPoint (ability to create and edit decks)
- Ability to work in normal office conditions Monday-Friday 8am-5pm, but extended work hours (nights and weekends) may be required due to scheduling issues and emergency situations, including major incidents within their region
- Master's Degree (or higher) from an Accredited University or College with a defined focus on International Affairs, Security / Intelligence Issues, or other related field
- Experience with International Affairs, Security/Intelligence Issues, or other related field in Africa region
- Regional foreign language skills
- Previous international travel or residency outside the United States
- Experience using social media to track global developments
- Strong knowledge of and interest in current, International Affairs at a global or regional level.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: UHG, UHC, international affairs, security, geopolitical intelligence, intelligence reports, foreign languages