At Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, we know changing an industry doesn't come easy. It takes people who can meet a challenge head on. Optum Consulting and Optum Advisory Services have created the Consulting Development Program to help people like you bring the passion, energy and talents that you exhibit outside of work into a workplace where you can make valuable contributions while building your career. Have ideas? We're listening. And we can't wait to hear how you'll take advantage of this opportunity to work directly with our clients to help determine needs and solve complex business problems. It's a chance to find solutions that will lead to a brand-new future in the health care system.
Research Associates will be exposed to cutting edge health care strategy research and will interact with some of the leading experts in the field. As they become more experienced, they assume broader responsibilities including serving as "in-house experts" on various topics and taking on longer term projects - from writing blog posts featured on the Advisory Board’s website to conducting primary research and producing briefs for members.
The ideal candidate will be an analytical thinker, will possess strong time management skills, and will be a great communicator. Questions span a wide range of health care topics from improving physician engagement, to running an efficient emergency department, to implementing electronic medical records.
- Analyzing and understanding member questions as they pertain to the healthcare market and firm research
- Identifying key best practice research
- Compiling research across memberships
- Working with Senior Leadership in the Research and Insights division to develop custom responses on specific topics in health care
- Crafting timely, polished, and targeted written member responses
- Acting as an Expert Center liaison to Member Services and Research and Insights divisions
- Improving existing tools and processes within the Expert Center
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum three (3) months of work or internship experience with at least one of the following:
- Conducting primary and secondary research
- Writing in-depth reports in a professional setting
- Analyzing business issues
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: OptumConsulting