Research Directors in the UHG R&D Planning group are responsible for collecting, synthesizing, and interpreting data related to scientific trends and developments as well as relevant information on market structures, business trends, key participants, and products and services within a scientific field for use in research and strategic planning. Research Directors also provide technical guidance to research teams, mentor research staff, and maintain relationships with key opinion leaders in their field.Field of expertise:
- Identify, analyze, and develop position papers for new areas of research aimed at achieving UHG’s strategic objectives. Work with the venture team to turn opportunities into Investment projects
- Conduct internal and external pilot research to steer early decision-making and build business cases
- Work with internal and/or external stakeholders to identify emerging opportunities
- Provide oversight, guidance of research projects to ensure meaningful outcomes
- Build and maintain relationships with key thought leaders in their fields
- Mentor and guide UHG research staff
- Recruit and mentor post-doctoral scientists in their field
- PhD in Molecular Biology or a related field with and emphasis of Oncology or MD with clinical experience in Oncology
- 15+ years of experience in the Oncology field
- 10+ years of research experience
Careers at UnitedHealth Group. We have modest goals: Improve the lives of others. Change the landscape of health care forever. Leave the world a better place than we found it. Such aspirations tend to attract a certain type of person. Crazy talented. Compassionate. Driven. To these select few, we offer the global reach, resources and can-do culture of a Fortune 6 company. We provide an environment where you're empowered to be your best. We encourage you to take risks. And we offer a world of rewards and benefits for performance. We believe the most important is the opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Research Director, Oncology, UHG R&D Planning, Minnetonka, MN, Minnesota