Department:OH1HS_85007_000 Mchs Research Affairs
Expected Weekly Hours:36
Position Purpose:At Mount Carmel, we work to continuously inspire one another. Here, all are welcome. It is this culture of humility and compassion that sets Mount Carmel apart. We see the big picture and do the right thing. That means a dedication to the well-being our both our colleagues and the patients they serve.
Job Description Details:
The Research Nurse functions as a clinical research associate at theZangmeister Center for nationally sponsored cancer clinical trials administered through the Columbus NCI Community Oncology Research Program (NCORP). They will ensure high quality care to individuals involved as research participants in clinical trials in accordance with federal regulations, good clinical practice guidelines, and Mount Carmel institutional Review Board (IRB) policies and procedures. They will plan schedules and perform routine and for-cause audits of research protocols. They will also function as a liaison and resource person to physicians, other health care professionals, research participants and sponsors.
- Assists in the planning and implementation phases of the protocol specific course of treatment in the appropriate clinical setting.
- Responsible for coordination of education of all stakeholders for new clinical trials/treatments as appropriate.
- Responsible for screening and patient enrollment into appropriate clinical trials
- Provides care management and coordination of patient's care to ensure compliance to protocol requirements.
- Manages all elements of data collection and submission, including query resolution according to the federal/sponsor requirements.
- Responsible for all elements of written and verbal correspondence relating to assigned clinical trials.
- Prepares, submits and maintains regulatory/IRB and study files as required by the sponsor or CCOP requirements.
- Education: Baccalaureate degree in nursing preferred.
- Licensure / Certification: Current license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of Ohio.
- Oncology Nursing Certification preferred.
- Experience: Minimum of five to seven years recent clinical nursing experience; demonstrated experience in the clinical research setting.
- Effective Communication Skills
- Working knowledge of regulatory and data management requirements for clinical studies (Phase II0IV).
Discovering opportunities, support and excellence – all while making a real difference in patients’ lives – begins at Mount Carmel. Find a new beginning and advance your career with us.
Mount Carmel and all its affiliates are proud to be equal opportunity employers. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation or physical ability.
Trinity Health's Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health employs more than 120,000 colleagues at dozens of hospitals and hundreds of health centers in 21 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Trinity Health's dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.