Become a part of our First Transit team as a Reservationist. We hire individuals who make safety and customer service their top priorities. If you have the drive, confidence, and determination to succeed, we are looking for you!
At First Transit, we are proud to offer:
- Tremendous career advancement opportunities due to a strong presence across North America.
- Comprehensive benefits packages.
- A great work environment.
Reservationist responsibilities include:
- Answers all incoming phone calls promptly and courteously.
- Efficiently receives all ride request information from callers and repeats all information received to confirm accuracy.
- Records type of service/related information accurately on each ride request.
- Establishes rapport and professional confidence level with passengers and is sensitive to passengers needs.
- Has proficient knowledge of Scheduling System.
- Possesses knowledge of First Transit and “agency” policies and Procedures.
- Efficiency is demonstrated by average telephone talk time.
- Has excellent knowledge of service area and is proficient in use of street directory and reverse directory.
- Creates manual trip ticket when system is at capacity and forwards to scheduler/dispatcher
- Suggests alternatives to passengers if system is at capacity at a particular time.
- Maintains organized work environment.
- Maintains the highest standard of excellence for subordinates, company personnel, and all people contacted through personal appearance and attitude.
- Knowledge of computers
- 3-5 years experience
- Excellent verbal and interpersonal skills
- Customer service experience and skills
- Bilingual in Spanish is a plus
First Transit is a leading provider of passenger transportation, contract and management services, and operations management consulting for 235 locations across the United States and Canada. Because we employ a diverse group of highly successful individuals, we are able to safely and efficiently carry over 160 million passengers each year!
First Transit is an Equal Opportunity Employer.