Become a part of our First Transit team as a Reservationist. We hire individuals who make safety and customer service their top priorities. If you have the drive, confidence, and determination to succeed, we are looking for you!
At First Transit, we are proud to offer:
- Tremendous career advancement opportunities due to a strong presence across North America.
- Comprehensive benefits packages.
- A great work environment.
Reservationist responsibilities include:
- Answers all incoming phone calls promptly and courteously.
- Efficiently receives all ride request information from callers and repeats all information received to confirm accuracy.
- Records type of service/related information accurately on each ride request.
- Establishes rapport and professional confidence level with passengers and is sensitive to passengers needs.
- Has proficient knowledge of Scheduling System.
- Possesses knowledge of First Transit and “agency” policies and Procedures.
- Efficiency is demonstrated by average telephone talk time.
- Has excellent knowledge of service area and is proficient in use of street directory and reverse directory.
- Creates manual trip ticket when system is at capacity and forwards to scheduler/dispatcher
- Suggests alternatives to passengers if system is at capacity at a particular time.
- Maintains organized work environment.
- Maintains the highest standard of excellence for subordinates, company personnel, and all people contacted through personal appearance and attitude.
- Knowledge of computers
- Customer service experience
- Phone/Call center experience
- Experience with filing, data processing
- Familiar with service area
- Able to make sound judgment decisions
- Team-player attitude
All candidates subject to pre-employment criminal background check and drug screen.
First Transit is a leading provider of transportation contract and management services, moving more than 350 million passengers annually. First Transit employs more than 19,500 dedicated transit professionals through fixed-route, paratransit, college/airport shuttle services and rail operations at more than 300 locations in the US, Canada, Puerto Rico, Panama and India. With a dedication to safety and outstanding customer service, First Transit sets itself apart from other providers in the industry.
First Transit is an Equal Opportunity Employer.