Department:OH1CN_86000 College Of Nursing
Expected Weekly Hours:40
Position Purpose:At Mount Carmel, we’re committed to making a meaningful difference in the lives of our patients and communities. Our colleagues – people like you – share our passion for always going above and beyond to provide the highest standards of care.
Job Description Details:
Our colleagues are proud to go the extra mile. This dedication to doing what’s right – and working together to make it all happen for our patients – is what truly sets Mount Carmel apart. Our Clinical Support teams ensure that success every day, and Mount Carmel ensures they have the resources and opportunities to succeed.
The Residence Hall Coordinator functions within the mission and strategic plan of Trinity Health/Mount Carmel Health System and the Mount Carmel College of Nursing.
- Provides leadership to residents in the development of a community based upon therecognition of and consideration for the rights, property privileges of on another.
- Establishes a regular system for being present in both halls, become personally acquainted with each resident, and be available to students who have concerns and
- Intervenes in a crisis situation by being able to define an emergency, respond appropriately and discern wisely when additional professional staff and/or Campus
- Safety and Security need to be called for confrontation or support. Be familiar with established emergency protocols and be prepared to implement when necessary
- Supervises Resident Assistants (RAs) in performing their duties
- Have a working knowledge of community and campus resources and agencies for referral of emotional or health problems that may arise in the halls.
- Works with/supervises RAs in the development of activities designed to develop connections between residents.
- Assists Director of Student Life with selection and training of RAs and all other residence hall day-to-day responsibilities.
- Education: Minimum of an earned bachelor’s degree. Master’s degree in higher education, student affairs, counseling or related field preferred.
- Experience: Preference will be given to candidates with prior residence life experience.
- Strong organizational skills, as well as, excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team;
- Self-starter, detail-oriented, able to manage multiple tasks and projects.
- High ethical standards, moral character, strong work ethic, outstanding interpersonal skills.
- Must have valid Driver's License with good driving record maintained.
Elevating the standards of care begins at Mount Carmel. No matter what role you play, working with us means being a part of a team focused on excellence. Join us today.
Mount Carmel and all its affiliates are proud to be equal opportunity employers. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation or physical ability.
Trinity Health's Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health employs more than 120,000 colleagues at dozens of hospitals and hundreds of health centers in 21 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Trinity Health's dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.