Fox Run, in Novi, is looking to expand our Resident Life Team. We are looking for a Flex (per diem) Resident Service Coordinator who will be responsible for evaluating the psychosocial and functional needs of residents and provides direct services as needed.
How you will make and impact
- Provides psychosocial support to residents and their families, individually, via family meetings or support groups and assists through the transition process to a higher level of care.
- Assesses, intervenes, and works to resolve issues regarding residents’ care and safety.
- Develops referral network within the community for available services, and makes appropriate referrals to and consults with other professional services as indicated.
- Compiles and submits monthly reports to the Manager on services rendered, and other professional activities.
- Continues to enhance professional skills through continuing education, community in-services, leadership training and other professional activity. Shares knowledge gained from training and educational sessions.
- Participates in marketing events, tours, etc.
- Attends and participates in supervisory meetings, weekly Resident Review meetings, and other meetings as needed.
- Meets with representative from outside organizations such as hospice, home support, local assisted living and skilled nursing facilities during start up phase of the community.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What you will need
- BSW or related field required.
- One year of social work experience in a health care setting preferred.
- Knowledge of geriatric population and dementia preferred.
Strong customer service focus.
Ability to work effectively with a diverse work force and resident base.