Primary Location: United States-NJ-NJClayton
Function:Direct Support Professional (Care Givers)
New Jersey MENTOR
Ready to put your skills to use?!
We make the world a better place for Youth at Risk. Our Specialty Group Homes are designed for youth with intensive clinical needs and we are a leader in caring support and Intensive therapy.. New Jersey Mentor is looking for more support specialists who have the talent, education, and energy to team with us on our mission of improving the lives of the Youth at Risk. If you have at least a High school diploma, 3 years of verifiable experience working with Youth at Risk or Bachelor’s degree in Social/Human services, Psychology with 1 year experience, and understand that your interactions with youths provide the path for a better future, we would like to talk with you.
- Orient youth within 24 hours of program admission.
- Provide training, assistance and/or supervision to youth in the areas of daily living, personal care, financial management, community and social integration and/or job skills development.
- Establish a therapeutic relationship with the youth receiving services to ensure effective guidance, direct support and service delivery.
- Attend monthly treatment plan meeting(s).
- Provide weekly pre-vocational skills and Lifeskills training.
- Provide support to youth, to ensure objectives are met in accordance with the Service Plan.
- Coordinating, organizing and/or assisting with household activities such as light housekeeping and meal preparation may be required.
- May provide transportation for youth receiving services, planned and/or necessary activities and appointments.
- Maintain current progress and service notes and any other appropriate documentation in accordance with The MENTOR Network policy, program and New Jersey state statutes.
- Complete and submit all required documents.
- Provide supervisor with feedback and data relevant to day-to-day human/social services, Service Plans or administrative policy.
- Actively attend and participate in multi-disciplinary team meetings as required.
- Attend training and other meetings as mandated.
- Maintain confidentiality, respect human rights and practice universal precautions in accordance with The MENTOR Network policy.
What we require of you:
- High School Diploma with at least 3 years’ of verifiable experience working with At-Risk Youth;
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Services, Social Services, Criminal Justice or Psychology with 1 year experience.
- Must have a valid driver’s license in good standing
- Must have verifiable experience providing service to teens ages 10-18 with emotional, medical, and behavioral challenges
- CPR/First Aid certification is a plus
- Successful clearance of local and/or state background checks
- Successful clearance of 2-3 professional references
- What we offer you:
- Full, Part-time, or per diem positions available with a variety of schedules
- A rewarding work environment with a chance to make a difference in the lives of youth and families on a daily basis
- Family-oriented environment, casual dress, employee events
- Competitive pay rates, paid time off, and benefits for 30+ hour work week
- Paid training; Holiday pay
- Career development, and advancement opportunities throughout the nation-wide Network
- A dynamic work environment where no day is ever the same
New Jersey MENTOR is a partner of The MENTOR Network, a national network of local human services providers offering quality, community-based services. With ~30,000 employees serving ~30,000 people in 35 states, you'll have career opportunities from coast to coast. When you join The MENTOR Network, you’ll make a difference every day and help to provide quality of life enhancing services to individuals across the country.
Come join our team of dedicated and caring professionals.