Position Title: Residential Counselor
The Residential Counselor supports the mission and values of Girls Hope of Pittsburgh. The Residential Counselor is responsible for directing the operations of the home to create a family-like atmosphere that supports the development of the full child. The Residential Counselor is a part of a team of professionals and volunteers. They perform their duties relatively free from direct supervision and acts in a professional manner.
We are seeking a full-time residential counselor for our home in Coraopolis. Residential Counselors work 4 ten hour shifts.
By providing a family-like home in a safe neighborhood, a first-class education and comprehensive college preparation, we empower children to triumph over their circumstances, become successful and grow up to give back to their communities. As a Residential Counselor, you and other committed staff members will:
- Create an environment of achievement by guiding our scholars in college preparation and education excellence;
- Provide for our scholars' physical, emotional and spiritual needs;
- teach social and independent living skills;
- help provide new activities and opportunities
- build relationships with families and volunteers
- model a healthy and responsible lifestyle by providing discipline, organization and compassion
Qualified applicants must be at least 21 years of age, and a college degree is preferred. Previous residential experience preferred. A valid driver's license is required.
For more information, go to our website at www.girlshope.org.
Apply online through Boys Hope Girls Hope International website at boyshopegirlshope.org. Go to the connect section to complete an application.