Community Options, Inc. is a national non-profit agency providing services to individuals with disabilities in 11 states.
The Residential Specialist uses best practices and technology within a community based residential setting to teach people with developmental disabilities how to acquire the physical, intellectual, emotional and social skills needed to live as independently as possible.
- Bachelor's Degree and 2 years of experience in a related field.
- Knowledge and understanding of local regulatory agency operations.
- Understanding and commitment to community based support for persons with disabilities.
- Valid Driver's License.
- Assist individuals with daily living skills and the development of independent community skills.
- Complete training with individuals and direct support staff towards achieving ISP goals.
- Complete required daily documentation and ensure staff on shift complete same.
- Administer medications and provides oversight to direct support staff on shift to ensure medication are administered according to regulations.
- Monitor and schedule house and vehicle maintenance, as needed.
- Monitor and maintain individual’s finances, documenting oversight on the required forms.
- Monitor and report health and medical needs of individuals.
- Build a support network between the individuals and community members.
- Serve as an active member of each person’s Inter-Disciplinary Team (IDT).
- Submit monthly written reports to the Program Specialists outlining operational status, progress, and concerns.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
- Work will take place in the administrative office, community, and in the homes.
- Insurance Options (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Paid Holidays—Including a Birthday Holiday
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Employee Incentive & Discount Programs
- 403b Retirement Plan with Employer Match
- Exceptional Career Growth Opportunities
If interested, please click Apply Now or send resume to: Resumes-PI@comop.org
Please Visit Our Website to Complete an Online Application!
Community Options is an Equal Opportunity Employer