Resort Shuttle Bus Driver
In search of extra work in a seasonal role? Join the First Transit team and be a part of something great!
A valid CDL permit is required, but we can assist with CDL training!
We're looking for customer service oriented individuals to help us round out our seasonal resort shuttle operation! First Transit's commitment to putting customers first, dedication to safety, and ambition to deliver the best makes for a working environment you'll love.
First Transit is proud to offer:
- Competitive Wages
- Tremendous career advancement opportunities due to a strong presence all across North America
- Opportunity to join us again for next season's operation!
- Cutting-edge training
Bus Driver requirements:
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Possess a valid driver’s license & valid CDL Permit
- Have at least 3 years of driving experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to work shift hours and days assigned.
- Must have CDL B with passenger and air brake endorsement.
- All candidates subject to a pre-employment background check, drug screen & DOT physical.
Bus Driver major responsibilities:
- Drive one of several different transit buses or vehicles in a safe, courteous, and reliable manner throughout the service area within a daily assigned time schedule
- Perform pre/post trip vehicle inspections as required
- Stop at designated points to load and unload passengers
- Assist in the boarding of passengers using wheelchairs or other mobility aids and properly secure wheelchairs and scooters
- Notify dispatch of deviations, overload, accidents, passenger incidents, medical/behavioral problems, or bus mechanical/electrical trouble
- Assure that fares are deposited into the fare box and dispense information
- Advise passengers of rules and regulations when necessary
- Complete and submit written reports concerning passengers and all accidents
- Operate on-board computer fare boxes and destination signs.
First Transit is a leading provider of transportation contract and management services, moving more than 350 million passengers annually. First Transit employs more than 19,500 dedicated transit professionals through fixed-route, paratransit, college/airport shuttle services and rail operations at more than 300 locations in the US, Canada, Puerto Rico, Panama and India. With a dedication to safety and outstanding customer service, First Transit sets itself apart from other providers in the industry.
Become a part of our team - Apply today!
First Transit is an Equal Opportunity Employer.