Primary Location: UT-UTRiverton-13747 S Redwood Rd
Bring your Respiratory experience to our growing, mission-driven organization!
We serve individuals with brain and spinal cord injuries and other catastrophic injuries and illnesses. Make a difference every day as a patient advocate providing Respiratory therapy training and supports to address the medical and psychiatric needs of individuals with Acquired Brain Injury. We provide a balance of service and support – combining personal choice, flexibility and community integration with professional oversight, family involvement and stability.
Implement and coordinate respiratory therapy services that comply with professional therapy standards.
- Assess and develop a program for therapies that meet individual patient needs
- Implement each individual patient's therapy plan.
- Coordinate therapy modifications to the patient's plan of care with the Director of Nursing and physician.
- Work with the Administrator or Director of Nursing to formulate or modify policies, procedures and practices as needed.
- Ensure effective coordination of client home care services through timely completion of required documentation and transfer of pertinent medical data to the patients physician, Director of Nursing, Respiratory Therapist Supervisor, and other caregivers.
- Maintain accurate and comprehensive patient medical data.
- Instruct patients, family members, and primary caregivers to ensure the maintenance of, or attainment of, optimal functioning level for each patient.
- Investigate and take appropriate actions on patient or employee concerns/complaints.
- Routinely review pertinent medical data to determine the effectiveness of therapy services in reaching maximum rehab potential.
- Other responsibilities and duties that may be periodically assigned by the Respiratory Therapist Supervisor.
- IDT Participation
- Family/Resident Training
What we ask of you:
- Must be a graduate of an accredited school of Respiratory Therapy, be licensed by the State as a Respiratory Care Practitioner (RCP)
- Minimum of one-year experience in respiratory therapy in acute care or home health care preferred.
- Must be able to perform the physical demands of the position
- Effective communication skills a must – ability to communicate clearly with team members, medical professionals, those we serve, and their families.
- Excellent time management skills required; ability to prioritize, strong organizational skills
What we offer you:
- Flexible work schedules
- Competitive pay rates; paid time off, Holiday Pay, and benefits for 30+ hour work week
- Career development and advancement opportunities with low patient-to-staff ratios
- A dynamic work environment where no day is ever the same as the next
- Family-oriented environment, casual dress
- On-the-job training including career development, advancement and paid CEU opportunities
- Access to opportunities throughout our nationwide Network
We have a great work environment and you’ll be surrounded by a strong and supportive team of peers, leaders and colleagues.
CareMeridian is a partner of The MENTOR Network. Founded in 1980, The MENTOR Network is a national network of local human service providers offering quality, community-based services. With approximately 30,000 employees serving 30,000 individuals in 36 states, you'll have career opportunities from coast to coast. When you join The MENTOR Network, you’ll make a difference every day and help to provide quality of life enhancing services to individuals across the country.
Come join our team of dedicated and caring professionals. Apply Today!