The Bartender position is responsible for providing great guest service by mixing quality cocktails, pouring a proper draft and decanting wine to achieve the best taste.
- Perform all duties toward the goal of providing excellent guest service in an efficient manner.
- Follow all policies, procedures and service standards.
- Accurately record and enter all food (where applicable) and beverage items in to the POS system; produce, pick up, garnish and serve food and beverages promptly to guests; collect and process forms of payment; ensuring guest satisfaction throughout.
- Maximize sale by using menu knowledge and suggestive selling techniques. Motivate and educate staff in up-selling and wine salesmanship. Ensure established standards of beverage service are met.
- Offer and serve alcoholic beverages while adhering to established Xanterra alcohol policies.
- Maintain cleanliness of lounge and service areas. Ensure work area is orderly and properly stocked.
- Responsible for collecting accurate payment from the guest and depositing the exact amount of sales.
- Ability to organize and prioritize under pressure while maintaining a calm and pleasant demeanor.
- Ability to communicate effectively with guests, co-workers, and supervisors.
- Ability to absorb large amounts of information quickly: Service procedures, beverage and food menus as appropriate, Aloha point of sales.
- Knowledge of brands, selections and recipes helpful.
- Computer experience and knowledge of ordering procedures.
- Knowledge of basic sanitation.
- Certification in the TIPS alcohol awareness program is required. Workshops will be provided if not currently certified.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time, approximately 8 hours.
- Must be able to walk for long periods of time.
- Must be able to lift and carry a minimum of 50 pounds.
- Must be able to bend, stretch, and reach for extended periods of time.