This is a floor supervisory position that requires coordination between staffing and business levels assisting where necessary to accommodate guest service. This position is 95% active floor supervision with approximately 5% administrative duties.
- Fully understand and support Xanterra Mission Statement and Core Values.
- Effective enforcement of all Xanterra Tusayan, LLC F&B standards, policies and procedures.
- Support F&B Corporate Xanterra University, TIPS & Serv-Safe & The Grand Hotel Training programs as assigned.
- Comply with all state laws and company policies regarding alcohol.
- Ensure proper accounting procedures are enforced for check outs, voids, comps, special event, billing, tours and resumes.
- Support all FOH activities in food and beverage outlets.
- Ensure all guest/employee challenges and complaints are handled in a professional manner.
- Continually operate all facilities to maximize food, beverage, labor and operational costs within budget.
- Ensure staff members are in pressed and clean uniform with their nametag.
- Support participation in updating Attendance Cards for all employees.
- Ensure Dining Room facilities are maintained and clean.
- Report all maintenance requests to extension 1030 and notify other managers.
- Enforce all side work duties are assigned and completed.
- Administer disciplinary actions fairly and consistently working with Unit Manager, Service Managers, or General Manager and/or Assistant General Manager.
- Conduct Service Briefings daily before shifts.
- Check to ensure all indoor and outside signage is correct and clean.
- Communicate with other Service Managers and Unit Manager on a regular basis after a shift.
- Complete Accident Reports thoroughly and communicate with the Risk Manager ASAP.
- Knows proper evacuation procedures and execute in an efficient, timely manner.
- Other duties assigned.
- Knowledge of food and beverage service is preferred.
- 6 months previous experience in food service management preferred.
- Leadership and communicative skills to effectively motivate staff preferred.
- Basic knowledge of Word & Excel software preferred.
- A passion for excellence & the ability to communicate it.