Provide excellent guest service by adhering to Xanterra’s hospitality standards in assigned retail outlet.Responsibilities
- Follow all policy, procedures and service standards.
- Perform all cashiering duties properly; ring up all sales before taking money, call out amount tendered in “dollars and cents”, place bills horizontally under clip, and count back change.
- Suggest an add on sale to every transaction performed.
- Stock product as necessary, making sure all displays are kept stocked, neat and clean within the guidelines of the Retail Standards Manual.
- Keep the sales floor clean; which includes sweeping, vacuuming, dusting, mopping, and trash removal.
- Give accurate helpful information to guests.
- Alert manager to shrinkage, guest problems and concerns. Maintain a good working relationship with Managers and co-workers.
- Maintain a safe work area.
- Able to operate a cash register, handle cash accurately, open and close the store with or without assistance.
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of retail procedures by completing the required training.
- Able to function with flexibility and courteous behavior in a high traffic seasonal retail operation.
- Acquire and demonstrate a basic knowledge of product information.
- Able to work with a minimum of supervision. Maintain excellent attendance and punctuality. Take breaks in appropriate area for limited time and use the time clock correctly.
- Able to stand/walk for a minimum eight-hour shift.
- Frequently lift and carry cartons weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Carry boxes/product up and down stairs several times a day.
- Must be able to bend down or kneel to stock product frequently during a shift.