Working at any one of our locations is not just a job, it can also be the experience of a lifetime. After a day’s work there is so much to see and do at all of Xanterra’s properties. Let your talents get you here, then take advantage of all the splendor and adventure our parks and resorts have to offer.
While working in retail you will provide exceptional customer service by obtaining or receiving merchandise, total bill and accept payment for purchases, and assisting customers throughout their gift shop experience.
- Stock shelves, counters, or tables with merchandise.
- Displays merchandise, suggests selections that meet customer’s needs, and emphasizes selling points of article such as quality and utility.
- Demonstrate use of merchandise.
- Answer customer’s questions concerning location, price, and use of merchandise.
- Prepare sales on register.
- Receive payment or obtain credit authorization.
- Wrap or bag merchandise for customers.
- Places new merchandise on display.
- Remove and record amounts of cash in register at end of shift.
- Takes inventory of stock.
- Requisitions merchandise form stockroom.
- Examines defective article returned by customer to determine if refund or replacement should be made.
- Greets customer on sales floor and determines make, type, and quality of merchandise desired.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education/Experience: Less than high school education; or up to one month related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Work Ethic: The individual must have the capacity to work in a fast-paced environment where project priorities, task deadlines, and assignments can change quickly and with little notice. The individual must be a self-starter who can work with minimal supervision while working within the guidelines set by their supervisors.
- Language Ability: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.