Provides superior customer service and uses good communication skills and handles the sale of retail purchases in the gift shop.
- Fully understand and support Xanterra Mission Statement and Core Values.
- Provides superior customer service and uses good communication skills.
- Handles the sale of retail purchases in the gift shop.
- Performs cashiering duties properly, recording the sales in the register accurately and following correct accounting procedures.
- Assists whenever necessary in keeping the sales floor and stock room clean and organized; includes sweeping, vacuuming, dusting, polishing, scrubbing, mopping and trash removal.
- Keeps merchandise stocked.
- Assists Manager with inventory control, ordering, receiving and merchandise display.
- Maintains effective cooperation with Managers and other co-workers.
- Maintains a well-groomed, clean, and neat appearance.
- Functions with flexibility and courteous behavior in a high traffic season retail operation.
- Acquires and demonstrates a basic knowledge of product information when used as part of a professional sales approach.
- Works with a minimum of supervision and maintain excellent attendance and punctuality.
- Show an awareness of inventory control through efficient management of assigned merchandise sections, with attention to pilferage protection
- Is knowledgeable of the Park and surrounding areas.
- Other duties assigned.
- Ability to stand throughout an eight-hour shift and frequently move cartons of 50 lbs. or more with reasonable accommodations provided.
- Previous experience operating a POS/cash register (including a 10-key calculator), handling and/or count cash accurately, and assist in maintaining proper sales records; including understanding night reports is preffered.
- Basic understanding of Gift Shop procedures and complete the training program is preffered.