Provide efficient check out service to Grand Canyon Railway Retail guests while maintaining superior guest service standards.
- Fully understand and support Xanterra Mission Statement and Core Values.
- Professionally and courteously handles the sale of retail purchases in the gift shop.
- Demonstrates product and park knowledge while providing information to guests and vendors.
- Performs cashiering duties properly, recording the sales in the register accurately and following correct accounting procedures.
- Maintains proper sales records and night reports in compliance with accounting policies.
- Assists whenever necessary in keeping the sales floor and stock room clean and organized; includes sweeping, vacuuming, dusting, polishing, scrubbing, mopping and trash removal.
- Keeps merchandise stocked and organized on the shelves.
- Maintains a well-groomed, clean, and neat appearance and exceptional attendance.
- Works productively under minimum supervision.
- Carry out the assignments given by the store manager and see that clerks carry out assigned duties.
- As directed ensure housekeeping is being attended to in the store, as well as stocking, folding and display maintenance.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of Grand Canyon National Park and surrounding areas.
- Previous retail and cash handling experience.
- Verbal comprehension (Understand oral and written communications, follow detailed direction).
- Attention to Detail skills (minimize the risk of error)
- Communication skills (provide clear instructions/directions)
- Reasoning skills (problem solving and troubleshooting skills)
- Multi-tasking and prioritization skills
- Basic math skills.
- Work safely to prevent on the job accidents and injuries
- Work safely to ensure company equipment is secure.
- Wear protective equipment as required by the job duties.
- Complete required training programs.
- Work hours may include a nonstandard workweek, overtime, and various shift work as needed.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is:
- Constantly listening, hearing, seeing, standing, walking, using eye/hand coordination, handling, reaching outward and using wrist motion.
- Reaching above shoulder, bending, lift or carry up to 20 lbs.
- Occasionally sit, climb, crawl, squat or kneel, lift/carry and push or pull up to 50lbs.
- Will be required to stand long periods of time and to occasionally walk up flights of stairs.