Often times, people think that all retail positions are the same...and for the most part, they may be right! But when it comes to the merchandise we sell, the people that work for us and the scheduling flexibility we offer, we are definitely different! Our stores are very entrepreneurial and we have a unique approach to customer service, we are TRULY a retail phenomenon.
As a Customer Service Trainer, you will be responsible for exceeding our customers’ evolving expectations by providing “best in class” customer service and a pleasant and fulfilling shopping experience. Successful candidates will be given the opportunity to offer our customers the widest range of quality housewares, home furnishings and much more! We offer associate discounts, flexible schedules, ongoing training, and the potential for advancement.
The Customer Service Trainer conducts a variety of training activities including new hire onboarding, product knowledge and registry consultant training and development. The Customer Service Trainer actively monitors service levels in the store and works with the management team to address opportunities. As a Customer Service Trainer you will have broad based knowledge of all products and services that we offer.
• Conduct new hire orientations for store associates to ensure they have knowledge of customer service policies and standards
• Leads regular training sessions in customer service activities, processes and procedures for all store associates
• Provide advanced level of customer service insight to store management; partners with store management in the modification of store processes and procedures to ensure optimal focus on customer service
• Respond to escalated customer issues or questions, providing solutions to customer complaints and partnering with management when necessary
• Provide support to the registry business by providing assistance to customers in setting up their registries and selecting merchandise
• Assist customers by offering a Beyond order when merchandise is out of stock or not carried in the store
• Perform additional duties as required including, but not limited to, stocking, freight processing, price changes and cart retrieval
• High School diploma or equivalent desired
• 4 to 6 years of retail experience desired
• Effective communication and customer service skills
• Readily adjusts schedule, tasks, and priorities when necessary to meet business needs
If you need reasonable accommodations to complete the on-line application, please contact the Human Resource Department:
An Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. to recruit, hire, train, promote, transfer and compensate our associates and provide all other conditions of employment including Company sponsored events without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, lawful alien status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, employment status or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.