Work is Sweet!
'Quality without Compromise' is not just a motto at See's Candies. It is the most important ingredient in our recipe for success. See's Candies has been in business since 1921 and maintains a reputation for producing the highest quality candy and providing superior customer service.
See's is a leader in the confectionary industry with over 250 retail shops across the USA.
At See’s Candies the key ingredient to our success is the dedication of our employees. It’s thanks to their passion and commitment that we remain a customer favorite, maintaining quality and integrity in all aspects of our business. The Shop Maintenance QA Supervisor has the unique opportunity to contribute their talent, energy and ideas as we make life a little sweeter, one piece of candy at a time.
Responsible for ensuring See’s Shop locations are maintained to brand expectation and See’s standards for quality appearance and safety. Supports the Retail/QD temporary shop and Holiday Gift Center programs.
1. Ensure existing See’s shop locations are maintained to brand expectation by performing on-site shop checks, assigning and managing outside vendor assignments and monitoring progress through the completion of assignments.
2. Manage and monitor maintenance staff to ensure assigned shop maintenance duties are successfully completed and their performance meets brand expectation.
3. Manage and monitor ServiceChannel facility management software and contractor sourcing, including tracking and managing service requests, monitoring real-time status updates, and providing feedback for work performed.
4. Locate and qualify new vendors, contractors and suppliers as necessary.
5. Develop and maintain policies and procedures to ensure brand expectation is maintained in all See’s shops.
6. Manage janitorial and HVAC programs as required.
7. Assist Shop Maintenance Manager in the coordination and execution of the annual Retail/QD temporary shop and HGC programs.
8. Manage two (2) crew members; maintain the HGC fixtures and coordinate fixture shipments and returns, as needed.
9. Manage and maintain warehouse inventory of furniture, fixtures, tools and construction/maintenance supplies.
10. Complete other projects, as assigned by Shop Maintenance Manager.
1. Minimum 5 years’ experience in retail maintenance and/or construction.
2. Proven communication, supervisory, and management skills.
3. Demonstrated project management skills.
4. Valid California Driver’s License and an acceptable DMV record required.
5. Able and willing to travel up to 65% of the time.
5. Proficiency in computer skills, Microsoft Word and Excel; ServiceChannel experience a plus!