Often times, people think that all retail positions are the same... and for the most part, they may be right! But when it comes to the merchandise we sell, the people that work for us and the scheduling flexibility we offer, we are definitely different! Our stores are very entrepreneurial and we have a unique approach to customer service, we are TRULY a retail phenomenon.
As a Front End Lead, you will be responsible for exceeding our customers’ evolving expectations by providing “best in class” customer service and a pleasant and fulfilling shopping experience. Successful candidates will be given the opportunity to offer our customers the widest range of quality housewares, home furnishings and much more! We offer associate discounts, flexible schedules, ongoing training, and the potential for advancement.
The Front End Lead oversees activities at the Front End which includes the operation of the Customer Service Desk. The Front End Lead works in a high paced environment and must maintain a calm, professional demeanor while ensuring that all transactions are being processed in an accurate manner while meeting sales and productivity goals.
• Cover the service desk area, responds or redirects inquiries, and ensures follow through
• Partner with associates to provide increased service to customers in response to specific needs and requests
• Troubleshoot and provides solutions for customer complaints, escalating to supervisor when necessary
• Monitor customer transactions; ensures efficient processing time for checkout. (Managing lines and back up calls)
• Direct and coordinate lane assignments and front-end associate break and meal periods
• Responsible for authorizing transactions and turning keys when necessary
• Perform additional duties as required including, but not limited to, stocking, freight processing, price changes, cart retrieval
• High School diploma or equivalent
• 2+ years of retail experience desired
• Effective communication and customer service skills
• Readily adjusts schedule, tasks, and priorities when necessary to meet business needs
If you need reasonable accommodations to complete the on-line application, please contact the Human Resource Department:
Email: myHRSC@bedbath.comThis email address is only to request reasonable accommodation for the application process due to a medical condition. If you do not need a reasonable accommodation for such reason, please use the apply button below to complete an application and upload your resume.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. to recruit, hire, train, promote, transfer and compensate our associates and provide all other conditions of employment including Company sponsored events without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, lawful alien status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, employment status or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.