Often times, people think that all retail positions are the same... and for the most part, they may be right! But when it comes to the merchandise we sell, the people that work for us and the scheduling flexibility we offer, we are definitely different! Our stores are very entrepreneurial and we have a unique approach to customer service, we are TRULY a retail phenomenon.
As an Inventory Control Specialist, you will be responsible for exceeding our customers’ evolving expectations by providing “best in class” customer service and a pleasant and fulfilling shopping experience. Successful candidates will be given the opportunity to offer our customers the widest range of quality housewares, home furnishings and much more! We offer associate discounts, flexible schedules, ongoing training, and the potential for advancement.
The Inventory Control Specialist oversees the price and signing integrity for their store. The Inventory Control Specialist performs a wide variety of tasks ranging from performing markdowns, setting up point of sale and promotional events to addressing register errors made by associates at the Front End. The Inventory Control person must be able to move through multiple tasks during their shift while providing a high level of customer service and achieving sales goals.
• Retrieve and prepare merchandise for stocking, prints pricing labels and performs price verifications, removes product from packaging and affixes pricing labels/stickers as needed and organizes prepared merchandise for stocking on applicable fixtures
• Communicate mispriced items, research on-hand quantities of RTVs and submit inventory adjustment requests
• Complete price changes and sign audits, and replaces missing or incorrect product pricing
• Complete all signage for merchandise through the store
• Responsible for all Point of Sale reporting
• Execute activities related to store initiatives to offer customers additional products and services (e.g., special sale items, credit card applications)
• Maintain a clean and safe work area and exhibit safe work practices at all times
• Perform additional, sometimes specialized duties as required by business needs including, but not limited to, stocking, freight processing, fulfillment, and price changes and cart retrieval
• High School diploma or equivalent desired
• 2+ years of retail experience desired
• Effective communication and customer service skills
• Readily adjusts schedule, tasks, and priorities when necessary to meet business needs
If you need reasonable accommodations to complete the on-line application, please contact the Human Resource Department:
An Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. to recruit, hire, train, promote, transfer and compensate our associates and provide all other conditions of employment including Company sponsored events without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, lawful alien status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, employment status or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.