Often times, people think that all retail positions are the same...and for the most part, they may be right! But when it comes to the merchandise we sell, the people that work for us and the scheduling flexibility we offer, we are definitely different! Our stores are very entrepreneurial and we have a unique approach to customer service, we are TRULY a retail phenomenon.
As a Manager In Training, you will be responsible for exceeding our customers’ evolving expectations by providing “best in class” customer service and a pleasant and fulfilling shopping experience. Successful candidates will be given the opportunity to offer our customers the widest range of quality housewares, home furnishings and much more! We offer associate discounts, flexible schedules, ongoing training, and the potential for advancement.
As a Manager in Training (MIT) you will be immersed in all aspects of running a store. In this role you will work closely with the Store Manager to prepare you for a future role as a key holding member of the management team. As an MIT you are responsible for all aspects of running a department on the sales floor including merchandising, operations and managing associates while meeting sales and productivity goals.
• Manage activities and the achievement of sales and customer service goals for the store or a major product or operational category within the store
• Create scheduling for store associates within your area and collaborate with manager to execute store plans and priorities
• Troubleshoot and resolve routine operational issues independently and collaborate with manger on more complex issues
• Forecast, budget, and plan for area of responsibility to ensure the store meets business goals
• Manage and approve merchandise processing and procedures
• Perform hiring, disciplinary, training, performance management, employee relations and termination activities in collaboration with manager and participates in Human Resources investigations as required
• High School diploma or equivalent desired
• 6-7 years of retail experience desired
• Effective communication and customer service skills
• Readily adjusts schedule, tasks, and priorities when necessary to meet business needs
If you need reasonable accommodations to complete the on-line application, please contact the Human Resource Department:
Email: myHRSC@bedbath.comThis email address is only to request reasonable accommodation for the application process due to a medical condition. If you do not need a reasonable accommodation for such reason, please use the apply button below to complete an application and upload your resume.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. to recruit, hire, train, promote, transfer and compensate our associates and provide all other conditions of employment including Company sponsored events without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, lawful alien status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, employment status or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.