Often times, people think that all retail positions are the same...and for the most part, they may be right! But when it comes to the merchandise we sell, the people that work for us and the scheduling flexibility we offer, we are definitely different! Our stores are very entrepreneurial and we have a unique approach to customer service, we are TRULY a retail phenomenon.
As a Support Associate, you will be responsible for exceeding our customers’ evolving expectations by providing “best in class” customer service and a pleasant and fulfilling shopping experience. Successful candidates will be given the opportunity to offer our customers the widest range of quality housewares, home furnishings and much more! We offer associate discounts, flexible schedules, ongoing training, and the potential for advancement.
The Support Associate performs a wide variety of duties both on and off of the sales floor. In this role you will be expected to engage customers and provide world class service while meeting sales and productivity goals.
• Engage customers in a courteous, helpful, and respectful manner, promptly and politely responds to customer inquiries and customer requests for support
• Greet customers entering the building
• Clean fixtures, remove debris and trash from all areas, maintain clean floors in all facility areas through routine sweeping and mopping, clean up spills and wet areas as needed, clean glass and windows as needed, clean office areas, restrooms and break rooms
• Collect shopping carts from parking lot and returns carts to designated cart corrals and storage areas; removes debris from carts, cart corrals, and storages areas, identifies and reports cart maintenance needs
• Perform additional duties as required including, but not limited to, stocking, freight processing, and price changes
• High School diploma or equivalent
• 0-1 years of retail experience desired
• Effective communication and customer service skills
• Readily adjusts schedule, tasks, and priorities when necessary to meet business needs
If you need reasonable accommodations to complete the on-line application, please contact the Human Resource Department:
An Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. to recruit, hire, train, promote, transfer and compensate our associates and provide all other conditions of employment including Company sponsored events without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, lawful alien status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, employment status or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.