Often times, people think that all retail positions are the same...and for the most part, they may be right! But when it comes to the merchandise we sell, the people that work for us and the scheduling flexibility we offer, we are definitely different! Our stores are very entrepreneurial and we have a unique approach to customer service, we are TRULY a retail phenomenon.
As a Registry Consultant, you will be responsible for exceeding our customers’ evolving expectations by providing “best in class” customer service and a pleasant and fulfilling shopping experience. Successful candidates will be given the opportunity to offer our customers the widest range of quality housewares, home furnishings and much more! We offer associate discounts, flexible schedules, ongoing training, and the potential for advancement.
The Registry Consultant provides personalized service while working directly with customers to assist in wedding registry creation and any of the other “heart felt events” which include customers who have recently moved or are sending a child off to college. The position requires a high degree of product and service knowledge and excellent customer service and selling skills.
• Assist customers in creating registries
• Meet with customers on a one-on-one basis to assist with determining personal needs and compiling merchandise preference list
• Assist customers with all “heart felt events”; new mover, wedding, college, etc.
• Regularly updates registry to track items purchased and change personal information, as needed
• Explain features of a broad array of merchandise to customers
• Promptly and politely responds to customer inquiries and requests for support
• Resolve customer issues and escalates issues as necessary to ensure customer satisfaction
• Organize and straighten merchandise areas on the sales floor
• Resolve customer issues using customer service skills, and escalates issues to more senior associates as necessary to ensure customer satisfaction
• Perform Sales Associate tasks
• Perform additional duties as required including, but not limited to, stocking, freight processing, price changes and cart retrieval
• High School diploma or equivalent
• 2-4 years of retail experience desired
• Effective communication and customer service skills
• Readily adjusts schedule, tasks, and priorities when necessary to meet business needs
If you need reasonable accommodations to complete the on-line application, please contact the Human Resource Department:
An Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. to recruit, hire, train, promote, transfer and compensate our associates and provide all other conditions of employment including Company sponsored events without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, lawful alien status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, employment status or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.