Work with the best! Join our team as a Retail Training Specialist.
What We Are Looking For
At Yellowstone National Park Lodges, we depend on our team members to help guests find their ultimate Yellowstone experience—all while working to protect and preserve the park for future generations. No matter what your job is, you will be a proud steward of the park. You will play an essential role in providing warm and friendly hospitality to all our guests.
What You Are Looking For
- Are you interested in working, living, and being an ambassador in Yellowstone National Park?
- Are you looking to make friends with people from all over the world?
- Do you have a positive attitude and solid work ethic?
- Do you thrive in a fast-paced, exciting work environment?
- Are you seeking upward mobility and growth opportunities?
- Are you looking to gain experience in tourism & hospitality operations
- Are you enthusiastic about Xanterra’s sustainability initiatives?
If you answered, “Yes” to these questions, a job in Yellowstone is ideal for you!
We have immediate openings available for the 2019 season. Ideally, you will be available to work a full season (now through October 2019). If living, working, and exploring in Yellowstone sounds intriguing and exciting to you, please read on.
- Start Date: April 2019
- Employment Type: Full Time, Seasonal (ideally full season or early/late season)
- Schedule: Varies – 40+ hours per week.
- Perks include:
- Low-cost housing (dormitory style) and meals (cafeteria style) provided
- Wi-Fi (limited bandwidth) provided
- Free Employee Recreation Program (hiking, biking, photography, camping, wildlife watching, educational programs, film series, sports competitions, and more!)
- Exclusive discounts in and around Yellowstone
- Living in the world’s first National Park
A Day in the Life
Develop, present, and manage the Retail Training Program for all retail location personnel to include: manuals, visuals, videos, PowerPoint, and practical exercises. Maintain timely and accurate training records of all retail employees, as is applicable to retail specific training. Align programs with Adult Learning Principles and company/brand presentation standards. Book and track all instructor led training through the Learning Management System.
Essential Skills and Knowledge:
- Must have a thorough knowledge of training topics including basic presentation and facilitation best practices, sales techniques, safety standards, product information, and park orientation.
- Have a general knowledge of the entire Retail Department operation including purchasing, warehousing, distribution and sales.
- Must be able to utilize lesson plans, PowerPoint, product information books and training manuals to tailor a professional training program.
- In conjunction with the staffing manager, coordinate the arrival dates and training schedule for all gift shop employees in the Retail Department.
- Supervise a continuing update of training manuals.
- Provide follow-up training, product information and in-shop support park-wide. Assist management with staff motivation, emphasizing programs to increase sales and strengthening positive guest contact.
- Work cooperatively with other departments to establish guidelines for basic retail procedures and policies.
- Demonstrate a strong working knowledge of retail Point-of-Sale system, Raymark POS experience preferred.
- General office skills: typing, filing, calculator, PC (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel), as well as proper telephone etiquette.
- Must possess a valid driver's license and clean driving record.
What We Believe
At Yellowstone National Park Lodges, we are a welcoming community who work hard, share a passion for the environment, and enjoy creating memorable experiences for our guests. We are the primary concessionaire in Yellowstone National Park. As part of the Xanterra Travel Collection family, we embrace a “naturally different” lifestyle that allows you to live, work, and explore one of the most beautiful places on earth. We are a company based on values that reflect an environmental ethic and social conscience – for the long-term. “Our Softer Footprint” focuses on how we reduce our environmental impact through our comprehensive environmental initiatives. Our business practices exemplify environmental stewardship, and a desire to protect and preserve our public lands.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, relligion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.