At Wells Fargo, we have one goal: to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them achieve their dreams. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wealth and Investment Management (WIM) businesses build enduring client relationships through sound, thoughtful and objective advice. We help our clients by developing individualized plans for everything from retirement goals to business succession planning, to family legacy intentions. Services include comprehensive planning and advice, investment management, brokerage, private banking, estate planning strategies, trust, insurance and both individual and institutional retirement.
The Retirement Development Consultant is responsible for providing expert consultation on Annuity and Retirement Income Planning to Wells Fargo Advisors. Primary responsibilities include acting as the primary resource for the most complex Annuity and Retirement income cases and provide guidance and training to other team members. Using expert knowledge of Annuity products and Income strategies, we provide Wells Fargo Advisors with strategic ideas to identify and implement annuity and/or Retirement Income concepts to best meet client needs. This includes call campaigns to educate Financial Advisor, field travel, answering questions and analyzing advantages and disadvantages of specific features and performance of various solutions, identifying new potential opportunities, preparing illustrations and marketing materials, and launching new solutions.
Specific Duties include:
- Case evaluation and consultation
- An in-depth understanding of Annuities and Retirement Income Strategies
- Having a solid understanding and ability to present the firm’s Retirement Income tool and planning process
- Consult on advanced retirement cases. Specifically, the specialists will be handling calls on complex Retirement Planning and Annuities cases. Consistently exhibit a thorough knowledge and understanding of the specifics of each annuity product found on the Wells Fargo Investment platform, including the ability to explain all differences in product features and performance.
- Create and maintain strong working relationships with strategic partners, both internal and external, including field sales, internal sales and management. Also, Carrier Wholesalers, and Internal Service Representatives.
- Work with the annuity product group to offer competitive intelligence data and sales ideas to the team.
- 3+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: business development or financial services consulting
- Successfully completed FINRA Series 7 and 66 (or 63 and 65) exams to qualify for immediate registration (or FINRA recognized equivalents)
- Experience developing partnerships and collaborating with other business and functional areas
- Ability to execute in a fast paced, high demand, environment while balancing multiple priorities
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to create and deliver dynamic presentations
- Sales experience in retail annuity, investment or retirement products
- Knowledge and understanding of annuity income strategies
- Knowledge and understanding of retirement income strategies
- Experience using consultative selling techniques
- Broad market perspective
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time
- Designated insurance license requirements must be completed within 120 days of hire date. Compliance with state law requirements is required.
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.