Bed Bath and Beyond is seeking a highly analytical, critical thinking analyst to help drive improvement in our customer returns process. At Bed, Bath and Beyond, we aim to offer our customer the best possible shopping experience. Having a seamless and convenient returns process is critical to the overall customer experience. The Returns Analyst will be critical in developing the roadmap to improve the returns process and then executing against initiatives to achieve our goals.
The Returns Analyst will be a data driven critical thinker. We have access to large amounts of data and the Analyst will need to mine the data to develop in a hypotheses driven way to identify and prove out potential initiatives.
The Returns Analyst will be a highly collaborative team player. The returns process affects many cross functional areas. The Analyst will need to work with teams across supply chain, merchandising, store operations, customer service, technology, finance and other internal stakeholders. Additionally, the returns analyst will work closely with our vendors. The ability to 'influence without authority' will be a key factor for success in this role.
The Returns analyst will have a demonstrated history of high impact achievement. Results matter and we are seeking candidates that are focused on ensuring their work is driving maximizing positive impact for our customer and our company.
The Returns analyst will have relevant experience in returns or closely related functional areas. The analyst will be expected to come to the table with ideas and analytical frameworks that are informed by his/her past experiences in related areas.
- Analyze returns data to identify root cause issues driving returns
- Develop reports and dashboards to provide visibility into return rates and prevention opportunities
- Identify new prevention strategies to prevent items from being returned (pre-sale, post-sale)
- Work with vendors on product and packaging improvement
- Partner with internal and external parties to develop new tracking and prevention tools
- Drive project initiatives to achieve higher returns prevention rates
- Analyze returns data to identify opportunities for increased recovery on returned items
- Develop reports and dashboards to provide visibility into recovery rates
- Partner with merchandising and store teams to enact new programs for improved product recovery
- Track and monitor results of returns recovery
- Drive project initiatives to achieve higher recovery rates
Reverse logistics efficiency
- Analyze reverse logistics data to identify opportunity for lower cost methods to handle returned items
- Partner with internal and external parties to identify logistics solutions that minimize cost
- Partner with customer service to develop scenario planning for responses to customer return inquiries
- Drive project initiatives to achieve greater reverse logistics efficiencies
Returns policy improvement
- Identify opportunities to change our returns policy that will improve the overall process while maintaining an outstanding customer experience
- Identify opportunities to changes processes within the existing polity that will improve the overall process while maintaining an outstanding customer experience
- Maintain competitive benchmarks of return policies for other relevant retailers
- Support store operations teams with processing, storing and exiting returned items
- Support merchandising teams with vendor data support, product assortment strategy and product pricing inputs
- Support finance with budgeting, reporting and audits per Bed Bath & Beyond requirements
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Engineering, Operations, Logistics, or similar field with analytical bias
- 2+ years experience in relevant functional areas
- Deep proficiency in Microsoft Excel or equivalent
- Moderate proficiency in SQL (or willingness to learn)
Our program of generous benefits includes:
- Our brand new benefits suite includes four medical plans, two dental plans, vision, life insurance, short and long term disability, HSA, FSA and a 401(k) with company match
- Year round associate discount of all the Bed Bath & Beyond chain of specialty stores (including buybuyBaby, Cost Plus World Market, and Harmon Face Values)Paid Time Off program
If you need reasonable accommodations to complete the on-line application, please contact the Human Resource Department:
An Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. to recruit, hire, train, promote, transfer and compensate our associates and provide all other conditions of employment including Company sponsored events without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, lawful alien status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, employment status or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.