- Performs all functions related to the application of rates and prices for company revenue transactions and issues associated invoices adhering to company and railroad industry accounting rules and standards.
- Maintains customer accounts including investigation of payment discrepancies.
- Investigates unrated transactions and submits rate requests.
- Monitors for proper funds settlement with other railroads.
- Assists in the closing of monthly revenue accounts.
- Performs other tasks as directed, including special projects in the revenue accounting function.
- Reports to the Supervisor, Revenue Accounting
- Data Entry Skill
- Data auditing/analysis
- General accounting knowledge
- Problem solving
- Business acumen
- Client Service
- Independently motivated
- Associate degree in business/accounting or equivalent experience.
- Strong computer and data entry skills, including experience with Microsoft Excel and Word.
- High level of interpersonal skills to work effectively with customers and other employees.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Railroad accounting knowledge a plus.
Genesee & Wyoming Inc. and its subsidiary companies do not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or any other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
Rochester, New York, United States