Genoa Healthcare, LLC. is the leading pharmacy and telepsychiatry provider serving the behavioral health and addiction treatment communities for over 15 years. We are a rapidly growing and successful organization with a nation-wide network of pharmacies and providers. We are guided by our CARE Values. What we do is more than just provide medicine. We change lives for the better. And on the best of days, we help people get their lives back. We love what we do. It’s a privilege. It’s a challenge. It matters.
Interested in serving as a team leader in a fast-paced/dynamic working environment? Genoa Healthcare is a leader in behavioral healthcare specialty pharmacy solutions. We are a rapidly growing and successful organization with a strong reputation in serving the mental health community via a network of full-service pharmacies co-located (or embedded) within community mental health clinics. Genoa operates 435 pharmacies across 46 States and the District of Columbia, with plans to open an additional 50 to 60 pharmacies over the next year.
The company strives to make a positive impact in our partner clinic and clients’ lives to improve care and outcomes. Through our integrated care model, we work closely with partner clinics to ensure high-quality care to an expanding patient population. We are seeking a thought leader to serve as the Revenue Cycle Manager in our Billing Department, focusing on the revenue cycle (billing/collections/account management) for more than 800 partner clinics across the U.S. This position is located at Genoa’s corporate headquarters in Renton, WA.
Hours are Monday-Friday 8:30AM-5:00PMResponsibilities
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the general supervision of the Billing Director, the Revenue Cycle Manager will be responsible for management of the full revenue cycle for partner clinics. Essential duties and responsibilities include:
- Manage a team of eight Billing Specialists, including hiring, employee development and performance management
- Manage/collect/reconcile/bill partner clinic outstanding non adjudicated accounts receivable
- Manage the revenue cycle for claims-based billing
- Review and reduce outstanding accounts receivable to prevent bad debt and ensure accuracy
- Develop and support effective communication among partner clinics, pharmacies and field operations
- Drive automation and process improvements to support scale requirement of a rapidly growing business. Partner closely with Genoa IT on process/system improvement initiatives
- Establish and maintain policies and workflows to support business growth
- Develop and set standards for measuring work performance of staff and team goals
- Demonstrate a commitment to the mission, core values and goals of Genoa Healthcare and its healthcare delivery including the ability to integrate values of justice, respect, compassion, excellence and stewardship into appropriate programs and services.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Billing Director, VP Controller
Skills and Education:
- Technical college or certificate degree in Medical or Pharmacy patient accounts billing required. Four year degree preferred.
- Four years of related Supervisory and/or Management experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Full revenue cycle experience/knowledge required. Pharmacy healthcare experience is a plus
- Results-driven individual who does whatever it takes to succeed and loves a challenge
- Hands on approach balanced with big picture understanding – can transition quickly from tactical to strategic
- Strong team player, results oriented, metrics driven and capable of working in a fast paced, changing environment
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Billing systems and Excel experience required, as this position will require subject matter expertise with Genoa’s dispensing system. Comfort working with large data sets a plus, given the large transaction volume in a pharmacy billing environment