This position is responsible for the efficient and orderly flow of product into and out of the rework locations. The successful candidate will identify potential defects, perform required rework and prepare detailed inspection reports. Typical inspections will be handling furniture, but may encompass GM product as well. Additionally, will be physically and systematically locating all products to the assigned work area or reserve location in the warehouse.
This position is not eligible for Incentive payouts.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform detailed examination of product to determine if potential defects exist.
- Determine root cause of defect or issue.
- Assess Assembly Instructions for accuracy and completeness.
- Assemble and disassemble units as require to adequately assess quality or determine root cause of issue or defect.
- Determine possible rework solution for defect, while maintaining quality and cost parameters.
- Document defect or issue clearly and accurately.
- Disseminate clear and accurate information to corporate partners.
- Perform MOS or RTV of defective product as directed by corporate partners.
- Train team members in details of particular inspections as applicable.
- Track results of inspections and log hours used.
- Maintain product flow for the rework / inspection team.
- Maintain LPN integrity.
- Responsible for scanning pallet LPN for destination
- Placing pallet in proper location and scan location barcode label to systematically locate each pallet
- Pack case or unconsumed product from active locations
- Split move quantities onto new LPN’s for the purpose of segregating defective product from acceptable
- Other duties as assigned.
If you need reasonable accommodations to complete the on-line application, please contact the Human Resource Department:
Email: myHRSC@bedbath.comThis email address is only to request reasonable accommodation for the application process due to a medical condition. If you do not need a reasonable accommodation for such reason, please use the apply button below to complete an application and upload your resume.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. to recruit, hire, train, promote, transfer and compensate our associates and provide all other conditions of employment including Company sponsored events without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, lawful alien status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, employment status or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.