Overall Purpose of Role:
To bring all deals from confirmation to final execution and payment, for both license and co-edition deals.
You will be responsible bringing all deals made by the Rights team from confirmation of deal to final execution and payment, including drafting and executing all Rights’ contracts in a timely manner, and coordinating the co-edition printings.
Your main focus is to ensure all Rights deals result in Scholastic Inc. being able to recognize the revenue and receive payment
Day to Day Responsibilities involve:
1. Checking head contracts and extrapolating key terms and potential issues for wider Rights team
2. Drafting of contracts for all co-edition and license deals
3. Chasing for signature of all co-edition and license deals, and alerting Rights Director and relevant manager when there is an issue
Responsibility for tracking fulfillment of all co-edition orders, ensuring Scholastic Inc. and our customers stay on schedule
1. Establish and track co-edition schedule with all key players (Rights team, Manufacturing, Customer)
2. Email/Dropbox co-edition files to foreign publishers (via File Manager)
3. Where there are issues with files, act as liaison between foreign publishers and File Manager
4. Ensure the foreign customer supplies their pdfs back on time
5. Email/Dropbox these files to File Manager for checking
6. Email/Dropbox files to Production for copyright checking (for them to pass to Manufacturing)
7. Email/Dropbox printer pdfs back to foreign publisher for approval / corrections
8. Email/Dropbox corrections back to Manufacturing for reproofing
9. Email/Dropbox these files back to foreign publisher for approval / corrections
10. Ensure all advances are sent in a timely manner, and are approved to ship
HOW YOU CAN FIT
• Experience of working in a busy rights department
• Knowledge of, and relationships with, foreign publishers and agents
• Prior experience of selling co-editions would be an advantage
• Foreign languages a plus, but not required
• Years of Experience: Minimum previous experience required for performing job duties. 3 - 5 years
WHO WE ARE
Scholastic Corporation (NASDAQ: SCHL) is the world's largest publisher and distributor of children's books, a leading provider of core literacy curriculum and professional services, and a producer of educational and entertaining children's media. The Company creates quality books and ebooks, print and technology-based learning programs for pre-K to grade 12, classroom magazines and other products and services that support children's learning both in school and at home. With operations in 14 international offices and exports to 165 countries, Scholastic makes quality, affordable books available to all children around the world through school-based book clubs and book fairs, classroom collections, school and public libraries, retail and online. True to its mission of 97 years to encourage the personal and intellectual growth of all children beginning with literacy, the Company has earned a reputation as a trusted partner to educators and families. Learn more at www.scholastic.com.
Some benefits that we offer:
• 100% vested of 401(k) Retirement Plan after 5 years employment
• Up to 1M worth of supplemental Life Insurance
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Purchase Scholastic stock at a 15% discount
Thank you for your consideration in choosing Scholastic.