No industry is moving faster than health care. And no organization is better positioned to lead health care forward. We need attention to every detail with an eye for the points no one has considered. The rewards for performance are significant. You'll help improve the health of millions. And you'll do your life's best work.(sm)
The Risk Adjustment Project Delivery Manager will combine risk adjustment knowledge and experience with project management skills to participate in small, medium, and large risk adjustment consulting engagements. This person must have experience with risk adjustment strategy or operations and needs to be able to work effectively with all levels of management within a client and internally. The project delivery manager must have excellent communication skills, project management skills, and be able to work independently to support a variety of projects.
You'll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Serve as a risk adjustment subject matter expert on risk adjustment consulting engagement
- Coordinate resources, logistics, and budget for risk adjustment consulting engagements
- Document processes and identify and document gaps and opportunities during risk adjustment engagements
- Assist with writing proposals and contracts for business development
- Assist in developing risk adjustment marketing materials
- Drive for results, anticipating customer needs and/or risks and proactively develop solutions
- Translate highly complex concepts in ways that can be understood by a variety of audiences
- Create written and oral communication materials that effectively summarize project status or other supporting activities including analysis findings and fact based recommendations
- Conduct project management using industry-standard methodologies, with ability to adapt to company-specific tools and techniques
- 5+ years of experience managing projects, including managing resources, budgets, and deliverables
- 3+ years of experience working with Risk Adjustment in Medicare Advantage, Medicaid, or ACA
- Demonstrated ability to communicate ideas clearly and concisely with all levels of the organization
- Ability to travel up to 80%, but location is flexible. Travel to the client site is necessary and would vary by project and location. (Typical travel schedule is to leave on Monday and come back late Thursday) PLEASE ONLY APPLY if you are able to meet these travel requirements
- Bachelor's degree in healthcare, business or related field and/or equivalent experience
- PMP Certification
- Risk Adjustment Certified Professional Coder (CPC) or Risk Adjustment coding experience
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world?s large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group's Telecommuter Policy
For more information on our Internal Job Posting Policy, click here.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: OptumConsulting, Travel, Consultant, Healthcare Consultant, Project Manager, Big 5, Program Management, Health care, Provider, Payer, Eden Prairie, MN, telecommute, telecommuter, telecommuting, remote, work from home