Job ID 41698
Position Location US-FL-Orlando
Facility Name Rio Pinar Health Care
Job Category Admin - Clerical
Position Status FT (Full Time)
Purpose of Your Job Position
As a Consulate Health Care employee, you are entrusted with the responsibility of carrying out your daily tasks and assigned duties while demonstrating Consulate’s Core Values of Compassion, Honesty, Integrity, Respect and Passion. You are expected to provide responsible, consistent results with the creation and implementation of new ideas and concepts that continually improve systems and processes to achieve superior results. The primary purpose of the Center’s Risk Manager is to ensure Risk Management and Quality Assurance Performance Improvement policies and procedures are followed at the Center level.
As Risk Manager you are delegated the administrative authority, responsibility, and accountability necessary for carrying out your assigned duties. Responsible for serving as support and initial contact for all Risk Management/Quality Assurance issues. This position is a non-supervisory function. You may be asked by your supervisor to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time, for any reason.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Meets at least monthly with the QAPI Committee.
- Participates in select meetings relating to assessment and provision of patient/resident care including Standards of Care .
- Develops and implements an educational program on Risk Management and Quality Assurance / Performance Improvement for all non-physician personnel that occurs during new employee orientation and at least annually for all employees.
- Participates in all third party surveys including state/AHCA surveys, Ombudsman investigations, Adult Protective Service investigations, and attends all exit conferences. Conducts necessary internal investigations.
- Reviews all patient/resident Complaints and Grievances and assists with investigations and follow up. Categorizes and analyzes trends to determine problem areas to determine plans of focus for improvement.
- Facilitates and communicates realistic expectation setting with patients/residents and Resident Representatives regarding care in the center. Enables open communication related to resolution of concerns. Schedules meetings as necessary to address identified issues.
- Has free access to all patient/resident medical records including paper and electronic files.
- Directly reports to the Center’s Executive Director.
- Investigates and analyzes actual and potential risks with the center and assesses accountability potential through medical record review of the following:
- Multiple and severe or unusual incidents / occurrences;
- Fall resulting in injury or multiple falls;
- In house acquired pressure ulcer;
- Weight loss and / or dehydration;
- Chronic or intensive pain;
- Incident(s) requiring transfer to hospital;
- Unexpected/unexplained death;
- Significant decline in condition.
- Responsible for timely and accurate State / Federal reporting of all mandatory events to required agencies and law enforcement.
- Reviews documentation tools, practices and techniques, assesses compliance with policies and protocols across disciplines, and provides training and education related to documentation weaknesses.
- Nursing degree required (minimum LPN, preferred RN).
- Skilled Nursing Experience preferred.
- Leadership experience preferred.
- Strong oral and written communication skills including the ability to communicate medical information to both clinical associates and non-clinical (laymen) contacts.
- Functional experience with current MS Office applications, (e.g. Word, Excel, Outlook, etc).