DescriptionThe Care Manager, Telephonic Nurse 2 , in a telephonic environment, assesses and evaluates members' needs and requirements to achieve and/or maintain optimal wellness state by guiding members/families toward and facilitate interaction with resources appropriate for the care and wellbeing of members. The Care Manager, Telephonic Nurse 2 work assignments are varied and frequently require interpretation and independent determination of the appropriate courses of action.
The Care Manager, Telephonic Nurse 2 employs a variety of strategies, approaches and techniques to manage a member's physical, environmental and psycho-social health issues. Identifies and resolves barriers that hinder effective care. Ensures patient is progressing towards desired outcomes by continuously monitoring patient care through assessments and/or evaluations. May create member care plans. Understands department, segment, and organizational strategy and operating objectives, including their linkages to related areas. Makes decisions regarding own work methods, occasionally in ambiguous situations, and requires minimal direction and receives guidance where needed. Follows established guidelines/procedures.
- 3-5 years of clinical acute care experience
- Licensed Registered Nurse (RN) in the state of Louisiana with no disciplinary action
- License Registered Nurse (RN) in the state of Mississippi with no disciplinary action or able to obtain licensure in state of Mississippi within 90 days of start date
- Comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- This position is office based in Metairie or Baton Rouge with possibility of work from home after completing successful orientation; approximately 8-12 months
- Experience with case management, discharge planning and patient education for adult acute care
- Managed care experience
- Certified Case Manager (CCM)
Scheduled Weekly Hours40