The more health care changes, the more certain values count. Like quality, patient-centric care, compassion and a dedication to going the extra mile. As a Field-Based RN Case Manager, you'll wear many hats and work in a variety of environments. But wherever you happen to find yourself, you’ll gain a profound sense of satisfaction knowing you’re helping to create a more efficient and effective health care system for everyone.
- Visit members in their homes and/or other settings, including community centers, hospitals or providers' offices
- Provide a complete continuum of quality care through close communication with members via in-person or on-phone interaction
- Support members with condition education, medication reviews and connections to resources such as Home Health Aides or Meals on Wheels
- Assist members with the transition from a care facility back to their home
This role involves approximately 80% travel and you’ll need to be comfortable dealing with a full range of in-home and facility-based environments. Most of the time you’ll work autonomously, so the ability to stay focused and motivated is essential.
- Current, unrestricted RN license
- 3+ years clinical experience in a hospital, acute care, home health/hospice, direct care or case management
- Computer/typing proficiency to enter/retrieve data in electronic clinical records; experience with email, internet research, use of online calendars and other software applications
- Reliable transportation that will enable you to travel to client and/or patient sites within a designated area
- This position requires Tuberculosis screening as well as proof of immunity to Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Varicella, Tetanus, Diphtheria, and Pertussis through lab confirmation of immunity, documented evidence of vaccination, or a doctor’s diagnosis of disease
- Case management experience including Certification in Case Management
- Home care/field based case management
- Experience working with the needs of vulnerable populations who have chronic or complex bio-psychosocial needs
- Experience in Home & Community based or Long Term Care services delivery
Careers with WellMed. Our focus is simple. We're innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for seniors. We're impacting 240,000+ lives, primarily Medicare eligible seniors in Texas and Florida, through primary and multi-specialty clinics, and contracted medical management services. We've joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the sick become well and to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. Our providers and staff are selected for their dedication and focus on preventative, proactive care. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Make a difference in countless lives, starting with your own. Join us and start doing your life’s best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Registered Nurse, RN, case manager, case management, managed care, field-based, healthcare, health care, Austin, TX, Texas