Are you ready for your next challenge? Discover it here at UnitedHealth Group and help us reinvent the health system. We're going beyond basic care, providing integrated health programs with a member-centric focus. The challenge is ensuring we deliver the right care at the right time. When you join us as a RN Nurseline Case Manager, you'll be making a difference in peoples' lives by offering telephonic support and assistance to members seeking health education, program referrals or general health services. You will work with patients to manage their health conditions for ultimate outcomes by taking in-bound calls and placing out-bound calls as dictated by consumer and business needs.
What makes your clinical career greater with UnitedHealth Group? You'll work within an incredible team culture; a clinical and business collaboration that is learning and evolving every day. And, when you contribute, you'll open doors for yourself that simply do not exist in any other organization, anywhere. Whether in-person or over-the-phone, we're working to help others live healthier lives while providing an opportunity for you to do your life's best work.(sm)
Provides health education and coaches consumers on treatment alternatives to assist them in best decision making
- Supports consumers in selection of best physician and facility to maximize access, quality, and to manage heath care cost
- Coordinates services and referrals to health programs
- Prepares individuals for physician visits
- Assesses and triages immediate health concerns
- Manages utilization through education
- Identifies problems or gaps in care offering opportunity for intervention
- Assists members in sorting through their benefits and making choices
- Takes in-bound calls and places out-bound calls as dictated by consumer and business needs
- Special projects, initiatives, and other job duties as assigned
- Current, unrestricted RN licensure
- 3 or more years of Clinical RN experience, resulting in excellent clinical skills and judgment
- Strong inbound and outbound telephonic skills
- Intermediate computer skills (Microsoft Word, Outlook and Internet) with the ability to navigate a Windows environment and the ability to create, edit, save and send documents utilizing Microsoft Word
- Understanding of change and ability to move members along the continuum of change
- Intermediate or expert level of proficiency with being able to assess and identify needs and being able to influence and motivate
- Conflict management skills
- Able to work under pressure and appropriately prioritize responsibilities
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing preferred
- Coaching and/or decision support experience
- Managed care experience
North American Medical Management, California, Inc (NAMM California) partnered with OptumHealth in 2012. NAMM California and OptumHealth share a common goal of bringing patients, physicians, hospitals and payers closer together in the mission to increase the quality, efficiency and affordability of care. NAMM California is a part of the family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group one of the leaders across most major segments of the US health care system. NAMM California develops and managers provider networks, offering a full range of services to assist physicians and other providers in supporting patient care coordination and their managed care business operations. For over 18 years, NAMM California has been an innovator in health care with a track record for quality, financial stability, extraordinary services and integrated medical management programs. NAMM California is well positioned to continually invest in its infrastructure and systems for the benefit of its provider clients and to accommodate the impending changes that will come forth from healthcare reform.
The NAMM California provider clients represent a network of almost 600 primary care physicians and over 3,000 specialists and work with the premier hospitals in their respective markets
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.