Department:OH1CS_97300_000 Sbl - Palliative Care
Expected Weekly Hours:40
Position Purpose:At Mount Carmel, we’re committed to making a meaningful difference in the lives of our patients and communities. Our colleagues – people like you – share our passion for always going above and beyond to provide the highest standards of care.
Job Description Details:
Our professional nurses are truly the heart and soul of Mount Carmel. It is their resilience, humility and determination that drive positive patient outcomes. To support you, Mount Carmel provides continuous opportunities for personal balance, professional opportunity and clinical growth. Our culture of shared governance and collaboration creates an environment that puts the focus on what’s truly important – our patients and the communities we serve. With Hospice & Palliative Care Patients receive relief from pain and discomfort, as well as the emotional and spiritual support of experienced, empathetic professionals.
Our Palliative Registered Nurse Case Manager coordinates all Interdisciplinary aspects of Hospice care in all settings. Through assessment and reassessment functions, the Nurse identifies patient/family need s and through the interdisciplinary processes, coordinates care provided by the specific interdisciplinary personnel or providers . The Nurse evaluates patient /family response to care and coordinates needed changes to the Plan of Care. The Hospice Registered Nurse Case Manager oversees appropriate utilization of services and resources , appropriately authorizing care based on the plan of care.
- Assesses /reassesses problems, needs, required interventions for patients/ families on admission and scheduled/ongoing visits. Communicate changes, requests for services, to physician, IDT members, other providers on day of visit. Updates plan of care as needed.
- Develops Initial Plan of Care based on Assessment of Problems, goals, and coordinates interdisciplinary team involvement in developing interventions. Reviews/revises the Plan of Care as needed but at least every two (2) weeks based on patient/family response to the plan, problems, changes in plan, need for IDT analysis, and potential discharge or transfer.
- Maintains accurate lists of patient 's current medications for over the counter and prescribed medications and newly requested orders for medication and teaches regarding safe administration on admission and reviews /revises on scheduled visit. Assesses patient status in relation to discharge criteria on each scheduled visit and summarizes for team presentation
- Education: Associates degree from an accredited RN program
- Current Ohio Registered Nurse (RN) license
- Ohio, Must have a valid Driver's License
- Minimum of two years' work experience as a professional nurse, preferably one of the two years in an acute medical surgical, home health, oncology or
- hospice/palliative care setting.
- Criminal Fingerprinting as required by Ohio law
- BLS Healthcare provider training required
Discovering opportunities, support and excellence – all while making a real difference in patients’ lives – begins at Mount Carmel. Find a new beginning and advance your career with us.
Mount Carmel and all its affiliates are proud to be equal opportunity employers. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, or physical ability.
Trinity Health's Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health employs more than 120,000 colleagues at dozens of hospitals and hundreds of health centers in 21 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Trinity Health's dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.