Challenge brings out the best in us. It also attracts the best. That's why you'll find some of the most amazingly talented people in health care here. Bring your skills and talents to a role where you'll have the opportunity to make an impact on a huge scale. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
This position will require active and unrestricted Nursing licensure in multiple US States. Selected candidate must be willing and able to obtain and maintain multiple state licensure./compact agreement (Application fees and filing costs paid for by UHG).
*** If you are located in Georgia, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges. As a Fortune 5 performance-based company we offer competitive pay and benefits, including a sign-on bonus for this position.***
- Collaborate and integrate with all onsite clinical resources to establish a local presence representing a sponsored clinical and or wellness programs.
- Responsibilities to include education for colleagues on available programs and how to access service.
- Liaison and/or coordinator between onsite clinic staff and sponsored programs.
- Must have strong expertise in clinical/care management process and willingness to identify opportunities for improvement and incorporate changes to process accordingly.
- Provide onsite coaching/care management to colleagues that are referred from the onsite clinics for acute and chronic conditions; and/or enroll them into the appropriate telephonic clinical or wellness program.
- Identify and develop understanding of local and/or community resources available to colleagues and their family members for potential referral opportunities.
- Provide education, support and communication related to Health programs including disease or topic specific initiatives such as, Onsite Diabetes Management or Prevention.
- Responsibility for effectiveness and for ongoing use of Third Party Referral Portal. Will also be required to manage referrals and coordinate message to partners when individual member is referred by another.
- Participate in at health screening events to promote sponsored programs and services.
- As needed, provide education sessions/presentations at different locations on various health or wellness topics.
- Coordinate and lead ongoing meetings with vendor partners i.e. EAP, disease management, etc., to aide in cross-referral opportunities as well as, manage the development of detailed multi-stakeholder workflows and success metrics for the meetings. The meetings aka “huddles” with partners should be conducted no less than biweekly and could be conducted telephonically or in-person when appropriate.
- A current, unrestricted RN license in the State of Georgia
- 3+ years of RN experience in a hospital setting, acute care, direct care experience OR experience as a telephonic Case Manager for an insurance company
- Willingness to obtain multiple state and/or compact licensure
- Minimum of 1 year client facing experience
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time
- Oncology experience
- A background in managed care
- Case or disease management experience
- Experience working with Medicare / geriatric patients
- Experience / exposure with discharge planning
- Certified Case Manager (CCM)
- Bilingual (Spanish / English) skills
- Medical / Surgical, Home Health, Diabetes or Cardiac experience or certification
- Computer proficiency, to include strong data entry skills and the ability to navigate a Windows environment
**PLEASE NOTE** The sign on bonus is only available to external candidates. Candidates who are currently working for a UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare or a related entity in a full time, part time, or per diem basis ("Internal Candidates") are not eligible to receive a sign on bonus.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment. Job Keywords: Case Manager, RN, Registered Nurse, BSN, Atlanta, GA, Georgia