Provides leadership, direction and administration of operations to ensure accomplishment of clinic and organizational objectives. Directs, supervises and coordinates the overall operation of the clinic and staff.
The Healthcare Manager is responsible for successfully supporting patients with high risk health conditions to navigate the healthcare system. The Healthcare Manager assists in developing patient empowerment by acting as an educator, resource, and advocate for patients and their families to ensure a maximum quality of life. The Healthcare Manager interacts and collaborates with multidisciplinary care teams, to include physicians, nurses, pharmacists, laboratory technologists, social workers, and other educators. The Healthcare Manager acts as a resource for clinic staff. The Healthcare Manager works in a less structured, self-directed environment and performs all nursing duties within the scope of a RN license of the applicable state board of nursing.
- Directs, supervises, coordinates specific functions and activities of clinic, including systems, policies and procedures, human resources, support services, etc. required
- Assists the Medical Director in the development and marketing of new services and referral sources
- Facilitates the employment, development and management of employees
- Promotes the provision of cost-effective, high-quality health care services to patients
- Cooperates with medical and administrative staff to ensure compliance with standards and regulations
- Reviews operational problems/policies and recommends solutions and change to Medical Director
- Collaborates with Medical Director in the preparation and implementation of quarterly budgets. Recommends funding based on knowledge of policies, costs, and operating practices
- Represents clinic at public and professional meetings and conferences.
- Participates in clinic communication and public relations programs.
- Maintains professional affiliations and enhances professional development to keep pace with the trends in health care administration.
- Performs other related duties which may be inclusive, but not listed in position job description
- Works with the providers and clinic staff to identify patients at high risk.
- Supports longitudinal care of the patient with chronic care conditions by:
- performing assessment of health conditions
- performing medication reconciliation
- conducting Motivational Interviewing and Self-Management Goal setting
- providing patient education
- creating referrals to appropriate agencies and resources
- Supports transition of the patient with chronic care conditions from inpatient to outpatient setting, by:
- performing assessment of transitional needs
- performing medication reconciliation
- establishing and reviewing contingency plan
- providing patient education
- assisting with post discharge needs such as prescriptions, transportation, Durable Medical Equipment (DME), appointments
- Coordinate with providers to establish or update plan of care
- Performs accurate and timely documentation in the electronic medical record
- Participates in daily huddles and Patient Care Coordination (PCC) meetings
- Prepares accurate and timely reports, as required, for weekly meetings
- Maintains continued competence in nursing practice and knowledge of current evidence based practices
- May perform clinical tasks within their scope of practice
- Performs all other related duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing or Associate’s degree in Nursing with 4+ years of experience
- Registered Nurse with an active and unrestricted license to practice in the state of employment
- Current BLS certification
- 2+ years of experience in a physician’s office, clinical or hospital setting to include administrative responsibilities
- Knowledge of chronic diseases, especially COPD/asthma, diabetes, CHF and IHD
- Proficient computer skills to work efficiently with electronic medical records
- 3+ years of healthcare administration experience required, including one year of supervisory experience
- Computer literacy
- Knowledge of health care administration, clinic philosophy and policies and operating procedures
- Knowledge of fiscal management systems
- Knowledge of human resource management practices including supervision and staff development
- Knowledge of governmental regulations and reimbursement standards
- Knowledge of computer programs and applications
- Tuberculosis screening as well as proof of immunity to Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Varicella, Tetanus, Diphtheria, and Pertussis through lab confirmation of immunity, documented evidence of vaccination, or a doctor’s diagnosis of disease
- 1 year minimum supervisory experience
- Experience related to patient education and/or motivational interviewing skills and self-management goal setting
- Fluent written and verbal skills in English and Spanish
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to interact productively with individuals and with multidisciplinary teams
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills
- Skill in exercising initiative, judgment, problem solving, decision making
- Skill in developing and maintaining effective relationship with staff, Senior Management, patients, vendors, and payers, public
- Skill in organizing work to achieve clinic goals and objectives
- Ability to analyze and interpret complex data
- Ability to research and prepare comprehensive reports
- Ability to monitor compliance standards
Physical & Mental Requirements:
- Ability to lift up to 35 pounds
- Ability to push or pull heavy objects using up to 35 pounds of force
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to use fine motor skills to operate office equipment and/or machinery
- Ability to receive and comprehend instructions verbally and/or in writing
- Ability to use logical reasoning for simple and complex problem solving
Careers with WellMed. Our focus is simple. We're innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for seniors. We're impacting 240,000+ lives, primarily Medicare eligible seniors in Texas and Florida, through primary and multi-specialty clinics, and contracted medical management services. We've joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the sick become well and to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. Our providers and staff are selected for their dedication and focus on preventative, proactive care. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm) <?xml:namespace prefix = "o" ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Clinic Administrator, Taylor, TX, Texas.